Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Tower of the Shuttered Eye Charged Attack

Discussion in 'Release 26 Bug Forum' started by Dorham Isycle, Feb 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

2/8/2016 1:25 PM
    Title: Charged attack
    Reproduction Rate: 1/1
    Blocker? no
    Details: Charged attack does not function in the Tower building, Auto attack does work, Skills work
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz (4) System RAM: 16223
    GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 GPU RAM: 4183
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.376.Date.02.03.16
    Area: ShutteredEyeInterior
    Loc: (-8.1, 41.0, -10.0)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

The tower of the shuttered eye had some combat bugs associated with it. Locally we're seeing charge attacks working. What weapons are you using charge attack with for us to be able to investigate this issue further? Thanks.

3. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

Maple Longbow with Supple Leather Strings. It charges but no arrow shoots

4. Malcipher

Malcipher Avatar

I was also noticing that bow would charge and "as if" the mob did not exist or was untargetable or like nothing in range normally if i charge a shot and anything is nearby it will auto target and release an arrow

Also melee seems to have the same problem however I can't target or "tab" to an enemy so character can't combat. Charging a weapon has no effect no matter where in the hitbox you swing

5. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

@Attenwood This happens EVERY time in Shuttered Eye to me. Its easier to just run past them as they never agro if you don't mess with them.
    I can also reproduce it with Lord Nyron (or whatever his name is, the Lich in Crag). If the Lich is on the wood platform in the center of his room he is un-targetable.
    Really feels like they are not registering being on the same physical plane as the avatar. Like they're not registering the floors beneath em. Might be somethin else, but that's what it feels like. I cant damage or target them, but they can dmg/target me.

Melee bludgeon if it helps.

6. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Turns out this was all part of a related known and resolved (dev-side) issue regarding recognizing the number of entities in a single scene. Tower of the Shuttered eye has... a lot going on in it. Thousands of interactives and props. At one point (and what you're seeing) is the quanitity of observable entities in a scene started to ignore those beyond a certain threshold. This would mean that players would be largely ignored throughout the scene. This is resolved as of the current dev build and will either make it into a patch or at the very least in time for R27. Thanks.

Oba Evesor likes this.
  7. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

@Attenwood Sounds good man. The Lich's in Crag always aggro though. If I lure him off that wooden platform he's fine, but on that platform I cant target yet he can hammer me.

All part of the same bug?

8. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

The Shuttered eye is far too hard now imo, green mobs should not swarm & kill you in 10-20 seconds. I think almost half the whole building aggroed me from the 3rd or so level....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.