Tower of the Shuttered Eye - Min Liang Quest. Seems Broken.

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Drakaul, Aug 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drakaul

Drakaul Avatar

So after killing Min Liang Tan in the Tower of the Shuttered eye my quest log was updated with the goal of telling the king and queen of Min's Treachery. so far i have tried for over an hour to use multiple keywords to get the quest to progress with each of them, but all either of them have to say is how Loyal Min Liang Tan is and his loyalty can't be questioned. The advisors or no help, there seems to be no way to inform them of his treachery, i have even gone back to the tower to attempt to find clues that might be used as evidence (an item i need to turn in) but nothing seems to work. any help would be appreciated.

2. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

+1 same issue.

Ice Queen likes this.
  3. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Check both the Current Tasks and the Knowledge section of the Journal. I can't remember which one, but if I remember right one of them tells you what you need to say. Or maybe it was an automatic turn in. I can't remember right now.

4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Um yo cannot just run up there and kill him ther is actually a quest chain to follow missin a step leave the chain broken and not completable.

Just because you killed him :-(

5. Khival Xeromus

Khival Xeromus Avatar

I ran up to talk to him and he randomly started attacking me. Is he supposed to talk to us first?

6. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I could never get him to talk to me in the tower, and I was doing the quest. He aggroed on me because I accidentally hit him while killing the skeles around him. I then ran away from him, and he stopped chasing and attacking.. still would not talk to me, reticle stayed red. Reloaded the scene and everything, red reticle. I killed him, and went back to the quest givers, got my reward, quest done. All good here I guess?

7. Khival Xeromus

Khival Xeromus Avatar

who did you talk to to finish it and what did you say? I tried saying everything I could think of with khasi and siranto

8. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I talked to both Siranto and Khasi to get them both talking about Min Liang Tan, then I talked to Min in his place in Ardoris (Sequanna Square), he said to meet him at the tower. When I did, he only seemed able to fight me as described above. I am not sure if he ever was able to be spoke nicely to as it seems he is purely there to fight and die? Then I went back and talked to both Siranto and Khasi again, and they both awarded me XP. I think my keywords were Min Liang Tan for them both. Here is a screenshot of all relevant journal entries! I can't remember exactly the words spoken.
    [​IMG]

9. Khival Xeromus

Khival Xeromus Avatar

hmm i have all but your last 2 entries. i guess i broke it somehow, because khasi and siranto both just spout their usualy crap about how trustworthy min liang tan is when i mention his name.

10. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Hmm... I did this a few days ago, unsure of the keywords.. maybe mention 'the emperor's writ' or 'empress ring' or maybe 'treachery'.. sorry I can't help much more! :)

11. Psylent

Psylent Avatar

I have the same issue.
    Min is dead, but I cannot remember if my journal was updated. Neither Khasi or Siranto will say anything other than he is a trusted advisor. I do remember something about meeting him on a new moon or something like that, but when I went in - it wasn't a new moon. Maybe that is why?
    I happened to get in by accident - Whenever attempting to enter the scene from the map, my client would crash. Over and over. Finally decided one day to give it a go and I got in the scene and didn't want to leave. Sure enough, now every time I try to go back into the shuttered eye, crash to desktop.

12. Khival Xeromus

Khival Xeromus Avatar

I think i figured it out guys. I sold the lich axe before i turned it in last time and i didnt pick up any of the notes. I picked up everything this time and held on to it and was able to turn it in correctly. Time of day didnt seem to matter when i killed him, because this time I did it midday.

I believe you need to have "an incriminating letter" or perhaps the "lich axe" you loot him, even though it doesnt ask for an item. Also, there are no keywords. as soon as I conversed they gave me the reward... twice actually, so make sure you talk to both of them!

13. Psylent

Psylent Avatar

I got the Lich axe after the third time killing him. Where is the incriminating letter? Still not luck on completing the quest line.

14. Psylent

Psylent Avatar

OK. Finally completed...

It took killing Min 5 times before my journal was updated. Then reporting it to either Khasi or Siranto would not work the first couple times. Went on and did other things and came back a third time and I was rewarded by both with 7500 xp each.

Fister Magee likes this.
  15. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

where is the Arcane Key of Power and is it relevant

16. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

The last time I ran the tower during R30, it was in the base of the back right statue from the entrance. It opened one of the cells on the top floor. That could be dated info. I don't foresee me running the tower again until late this release or sometime during R34.

17. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

hmmm i must of overlooked it. We checked everyone of the rooms, bookcases and statues. LOL. Might have to make a run again. Although we didnt go during the specified time and we killed Min....i think we broke the quest. LOL. Not sure once we find the time we will make the run again. Only died three times so not too bad. Both hubby and I are Adventure level 40+ so it wasnt too bad...just need to use some strategy . And i hate green slimes and spiders so bad right now....next on the hate list is skel mages and skel archers. They hurt too. LOL. Of course I am playing the tank and hubby is archer but we take them down pretty good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.