Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Tower of the Shuttered Eye: Multiple Issues

Discussion in 'Release 34 Bug Forum' started by Traveller13, Sep 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

First off, the easy one:

My Maximum Health is 474/474. While in the Tower of the Shuttered Eye, it only goes to 473/474.
    --------------------------------------

Secondly the unsure one:

The two mimics, or what were mimics in prior releases, can not be interacted with-- the cursor doe not turn green:

Area: Tower of the Shuttered Eye (ShutteredEyeInterior) Loc: (-21.7, 0.0, 2.8)
    Area: Tower of the Shuttered Eye (ShutteredEyeInterior) Loc: (10.2, 20.5, -6.4)

I'm unsure about the above because I noticed I couldn't find the Arcane Key until after I'd gone to the top of the tower and found the cell door to use it on. Maybe the mimics don't activate until after you go through the tower. I'll check next time I'm in QA.
    -------------------------------------------------------

Now for the Wow! one:

I was in combat on the level with the Lich Mage and it's skeleton friends. For instance, Area: Tower of the Shuttered Eye (ShutteredEyeInterior) Loc: (-9.6, 41.0, 2.6) . While in the middle of the combat, my two-handed sword went to damaged status-- i.e. the damaged weapon icon appeared in the upper right-hand corner. At about that moment, I noticed that:

1. The movement keys would not work. I could not move in any direction.
    2. The mouse would not move the camera. I could not change the camera angle or orientation of my avatar.
    3. The Z key would not work, so I could not exit combat mode.
    4. The V key would not change the camera type.
    5. The animations for the combat glyphs would work. However, since all opponents near me were gone, I do not know if they would do any damage.
    6. The Self Heal glyph casting animation and sound would happen, but no additional hit points were restored by the spell.
    7. The Ignite Weapon glyph casting animation would happen, but no flames appeared on the sword.
    8. The Immolation glyph casting animation would happen, but no flames appeared around my avatar.
    9. The Lich Mage (I could hear), or any other remaining skeletons (I could not see), did not consider me hostile, so did not attack me.
    10. I could type in the chat box-- hence the location above.

This is a one9for-one case for now. I logged out before regaining full health.

SotA Build 393QA

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
    Metlore and Alexander like this.
  2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Have you been able to reproduce the issues observed above since first observing them? Thank you for reporting.

3. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Yes, to all three.

Maximum health after injury stops at 473/474.

I could not intereract with the mimics on the way up. In addition, the mimic at the Z location of 20.5 is set above the floor of the room by a few virtual inches.

Combat with the lich and it's skeleton pals ended abruptly again. It happened when I killed a second skeletal archer. That's about the point it happened yesterday, as well. I can also report that I was in a partial death haze effect this time around when the lock up occurred. That haze effect, and the associated heartbeat audio effect did not go away. The same applied to the light spell effect and the ignite weapon effect, both of which were in place at the time of the lock up. I waited until I was as fully healed as I could get, to see if the lock up would go away. I made it to 473/474 as reported. The lock up was still in effect. I logged out of the game.

I have a couple of videos of the effect. I'll post them if you'd like. And, if I am able. I will also do a video capture of my next run.

I've sent a ZIP of the output log associated with this session to the rromero e-mail address.

4. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Okay. The mimic and the Arcane Key issues are solved. I was in combat mode when trying to interact with the mimic and the secret compartment. That is not allowed, now. When I was in non-combat mode, I could interact with them. My mistake on those. The mimic set above terrain is still a world building issue. There is a skull that is set above a stairwell landing, as well.

The hit point issue happened again, so three-for-three on that one.

The lock up happened again, as well. I will also stat that effect countdowns in place at the time of the lock up never expire. That is, the numbers go increasingly negative as time goes by. Hitting zero does not stop a timed effect.

I have a video, I might be able to post if needed. I'll send another output.LOG to the rromero address.

EDIT: One more thing. I have auto attack on. After I make a clockwise loop around the first floor and go back to the entry chamber, auto attack is tripped-- with nothing there. I'm thinking it is attacking creatures on the stair landings directly above my avatar.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  5. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Sota Build 394QA looks to have solved the maximum health issue. However, my one run in the Tower of the Shuttered eye resulted in a lock up on the Lich Mage level. Another output log sent to the rromero address.

6. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We have identified the issue with the game locking up mid-combat. This is caused by an exception caused when a mage attempts to resurrect a fallen undead. We will fix this issue ASAP. Thanks for reporting.

Elwyn and Traveller13 like this.
  7. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Kewl. I made it through the Tower this afternoon. The Lich Mage disappeared for a time, though. The situation was: I had to flee back down the Tower during the initial battle as the virtual die rolls were going against me. I was deep into the death haze, so I took a couple of wrong turns. I could have lost the LM during that time, though the skeletons had no trouble finding me. I healed up enough to dispatch the skeletons, then made my way back up. The LM was not to be found. I made it all the way to the top level and took care of business up there. It wasn't until I had made my way back down the tower, about three quarters of the way, when the LM and I crossed paths again. I don't know if it disappeared and re-spawned or if I truly did lose it. I'll make some more runs to see if it happens again.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  8. Metlore

Metlore Avatar

After patching today, The lighting in shuttered eye is also weird for me. I can see the edges of all the "tiles" that the floor and bookshelves are made up of. It seems to be a lighting graphics glitch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.