Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Town Environment and Feel Feedback

Discussion in 'Release 9 Feedback' started by Jarl Hamrick, Aug 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jarl Hamrick

Jarl Hamrick Avatar

Ok I have left some pretty pointed feedback in some other threads so I wanted to leave some positive feedback as well.
    The one thing I do see in this game already even in its early stage is just the ambiance and feel of the towns and the way people can interact. It really is very very nice and very conducive to some great RP'ing.
    And that is a huge deal I think for most people who support this game. I dont think there are too many here that are wanting or looking for some hardcore PvP MMO. I do think there some who want that as well and thats cool but when I think of the Ultima community immersion in the world and the role play element of the game is much more important and I think the devs have nailed that even at this early stage.

So please keep that up!

Jynx and RDouglas like this.
  2. Greymarch

Greymarch Avatar

The one thing that I didn't think would really matter at all that I really liked (technically from last release I guess) is the whole not knowing an NPCs name until you talk to them. It doesn't change the initial conversation at all or anything, but later when going through the area again and you see a bunch of "guards" and then the one you talked to earlier you feel kind of like you know them :)

Jynx and RDouglas like this.
  3. Jarl Hamrick

Jarl Hamrick Avatar

Ya that is cool.
    Adds a lot to the experience of exploring which is a huge thing for me. I love to just explore.

4. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Row houses have added a great deal to the feel of cities. That was a huge step forward. I still feel that villages like Braemer lack some feeling of cohesion though. They just feel like a group of houses in the woods to me, nothing nearly in the realm of cultural landmark. Perhaps these kinds of towns need at least a cross roads with a well, a town clock, or something to give them a little more sense of central place. As is, I worry there would be a great many nondescript villages that all look the same like this.

I agree that player interaction is what brings the towns to life too. Stuff like picnic tables and statues are nice. But can we have player-crafted and placeable shrubbery too? This would go a long way in creating distinct visual differences to similar looking homes, and round out some corners.

RDouglas and Kaisa like this.
  5. Jarl Hamrick

Jarl Hamrick Avatar

Ya that is a good point about towns like Braemer. I love the town in the woods feel to it but your right those towns need more of an obvious central local.

RDouglas likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.