Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Town maps

Discussion in 'Release 15 Feedback' started by Dirk Hammerstrike, Feb 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

A map merchant is cool an all, but I'd also like to be able to walk into a town and just buy a map for that town. Especially given how many towns there are and how heavy the maps are. Just have the town crier sell them.

Also... a town billboard that has the map would be nice to... not even something you take with you... just you walk into town click the billboard, and see the town map. That version you don't take with you... but you can use for a quick reference.

Budner and Katrin Bekers [PeV] like this.
  2. Teterios

Teterios Avatar

Or just give us mini maps that show guild and party :)

3. smack

smack Avatar

The weight of the maps is a bug because it's silly that each weighs more than some weapons or armor or other items made of metals.

Should every town have a vendor that sells maps? Debatable. Maybe not in every tiny village and perhaps not all map sellers have every map of every location. That would lend itself to specialized vendors (cartographers) that exist only in certain towns and not all cartographers will have mapped out every known location in the world.

Town criers certainly can provide these maps, but should they? The town criers are currently like bankers, realtors and tourist guides than actually doing what a town crier would do historically. I hope it's not permanent.

Town billboards might be nice but aren't those modern conveniences that didn't exist back in the day? Certainly modern day shopping mall or amusement parks have them though :)

While highly convenient, they've already stated they aren't going to do radar mini-maps that shows anyone else except yourself. We'll see.

gtesser likes this.
  4. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

Yes that would go a long way. Perhaps maps should just be like recipes...something that has weight until transcribed into your map journal?

Oh I think there should be map makers and the like. At least in the meantime, I think each town should have someone who sells only a map of that town.

What I'm suggesting is at least some temporary improvement.

Nor did Tesla towers powering aether radios and electrified fences...

Dewderonomy and smack like this.
  5. OoOo lollie oOOo

OoOo lollie oOOo Avatar

I would just like to be able to click a button open that shows me the map of the current town I am in, rather than carry actual maps and have to open my bag then click open the specific map I need...if I even have the map. And all villages (those little villages with player housing in them) need maps as well, currently we are able to get maps for none of the villages.

Budner likes this.
  6. landriss

landriss Avatar

I would like to see a system whereupon the map is always fixed in place. If you have the map for an area then shows, if you have not yet acquired the map then it is a blank parchment. Once you use the map item its stored in a satchel type item that you no longer need to open each time to look at the map.

7. Epona

Epona Avatar

Yes. Sounds a bit like the bulletin board you see when you enter the state park, which shows you the basic layout.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.