Town Sieges

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Woftam, Sep 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tydes

Tydes Avatar

The pvp sieges you are referring to is limited by the RP. The OP is suggesting an actual game system where there are a set of rules and game mechanics to follow (example, a house burning down) and then set of consequences and rewards for 'winning' or 'losing' the siege. Keep in mind the original post by Woftam was his thoughts and ideas on what he felt would be a fun addition to the game. I think you are taking his post as information, rather than suggestions.

Woftam likes this.
  2. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Everyone is assuming these will be in game....has there been recent talk about it?

3. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

Haven't heard a thing about town sieges in ages.

4. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Neither have I....I thought maybe something was said in the hangout....

5. sn0tub

sn0tub Avatar

I doubt it.

I'd prefer they get core game done to an acceptable state. If they brought a shadowbane style use for pots I could forgive them being added to game but ultimate collectors wouldn't care for it.

A conflict type island with pots on it could be interesting but that's more scope creep and more for just pvpers.

Let's get that single player story and game experience sorted.

6. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

I really want to say thank you for this post. You really gave this alot of thought and I just LOVE your ideas...

This is great I hope the devs see this post.

7. Nataurz

Nataurz Avatar

Love the concept Woftam. I have a few ideas that I think would work in well with your thoughts. I think attacker /defender player numbers should have different caps in relation to the size of the POT being attacked. So for example a holdfast may be capped at 15 defending players 15 attacking players where as a Village may have 30 defending players 30 attacking players and a metropolis the max numbers the game can handle. Defending POT's would have the advantage of NPC defenders if they were hired ( limit on NPC defenders in relation to POT size as well).

The POT owner and citizens should be able to register for a spot in the upcoming battle prior to start to guarantee their spots as well the person/persons who made the initial challenge. If any spots are still open, players would be given an option on zoning into the POT around battle time if they would like to be on the defending or attacking team. Hopefully the system would be able to add equal numbers until caps are reached for balance. Once a player commits to either side they should be locked and not able to switch sides, they may of course leave and someone new can enter.

It would also be advantageous if the defending and attacking teams leader's could arrange their army into parties to suit the battle as things change.

I really hope sieges do become part of this great game in any form.

Forest Dweller and Woftam like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.