Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Towns: closed shutters all time - even on day

Discussion in 'World Building, Scenes, Environment, & Overworld' started by Paladin Michael, Sep 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

09/12/2019 09:34
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? --
    Details / Steps to Reproduce:
    Not only in Ardoris, also in Soltown or other town, shutters are closed all the time.
    May it be possible to have an automatism to open them with sunrise and close them with sunset?

This would be more realistic and especially entering a building would be more friendly. At the moment it feels gloomy if you enter most houses, especially upstairs or in buildings where the windows are only on first floor ... (--> Soltown building: Edwin the tanner)

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 32719
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU RAM: 6052
    SotA.Win.64.1037.Date.09.10.19
    Area: Ardoris
    Area Display Name: Ardoris
    Loc: (81.9, 53.2, -115.3)
    Debug: QXJkb3Jpc3x8KDgxLjg4NCwgNTMuMTksIC0xMTUuMjU4KXwoMCwgMC41NSwgMCwgLTAuODM1KXwtODAuODM2M3wxOC44ODg3M3wyLjgxNzAyOA==

2. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

I suspect this is by design, and there are certainly times when the view from a window is nonexistent and it looks better closed. But I also make a habit of going around and opening NPCs' windows. If we had more windows that were open during the day, we'd need fewer artificial light sources on all the time. I don't expect anyone to update a scene just to open windows, but if you're updating a scene anyway for some other reason...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.