Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Trading equipped item from paperdoll doesn't remove it from paperdoll

Discussion in 'Release 27 Bug Forum' started by Duke Anton Vizora, Mar 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke Anton Vizora

Duke Anton Vizora Avatar

3/25/2016 11:36 PM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate: Unknown
    Blocker? No
    Details: I traded an equipped item on my paperdoll to another player to repair it. My paperdoll still showed I had the item equipped after the trade (although I could not remove the item from the paperdoll). Once the player handed the item back and I "equipped" it, the one that remained on my paperdoll went to my inventory but with red text.
    Steps to Reproduce: Not sure what is the real culprit here, so I'll give all the details.

1) Drag weapon from paperdoll directly to another player. Do not use right-click + trade. The other player was at a crafting station and had the crafting window open. The item will appear in the trade window.
    2) Put a few repair kits from your inventory into the trade window. I added 3 repair kits by shift-clicking my stack and separating 3 from the stack.
    3) Accept the trade. Notice there is still the item on your paperdoll, although you cannot unequip it.
    4) Have the other player repair the item and hand it back. Accept the trade. The item goes to your inventory.
    5) Drag the item from your inventory over to the paperdoll.

Results: The item will be equipped on your paperdoll. The "ghost item" will swap over to your inventory but be highlighted in red since it is unusable. See screenshot here.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32721
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series GPU RAM: 2030
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.393.Date.03.07.16
    Area: Novia_R1_City_Soltown
    Loc: (-76.5, 27.1, 2.9)

2. Duke Anton Vizora

Duke Anton Vizora Avatar

Update: Logging out and logging back in clears my inventory of the "ghost item". So it's not a dupe bug thankfully.

3. Duke Anton Vizora

Duke Anton Vizora Avatar

Update: I tested this again. Turns out you can unequip the "ghost item". Just right click on it and select "Unequip". Then the item will go to your inventory. However, if the other player has yet to return the item to you, there will be a problem. When they do return the item, it won't show up in your inventory. Only the ghost item with the red text is there. Logging out and back in will bring the regular item back as normal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.