Trading/Teaching recipes questions

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Celthon, Nov 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

With R36 changes regarding recipes I have questions:

Can a teachable or re-teachable Recipe be traded to someone who is too low lvl to learn it? Would it not be able to go into their inventory, but when they dbl-click it they'd get a message saying they are too low of lvl to "learn" it; so they'd just hang onto it until they get higher lvl?

How do the mechanics of teaching a recipe to someone work -- do we drag the recipe from our recipe book into the trade window?

Can more than one recipe be "traded" at a time?

If one were to drag recipes to the trade window which the recipient already knows does it cause a glitch, or will they simply have a recipe in their inventory they do not need?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Acred and Numa like this.
  2. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

I'm not *entirely sure* on the 1st question...I've traded between chars but didn't have char B try to learn yet. I would assume however that in the same way you can buy a recipe you can't yet learn you should be able to have one traded to you.

As for mechanics: it's done just as you surmised.
    Yes more than 1 can be traded at a time

Having not done it I'm not sure on the last again but given the fact you can have multiple copies of a recipe in your inventory if you trade one they already have they most likely just get the extra copy.

If I err.. somebody is sure to note it.

Acred, Numa and Celthon like this.
  3. Numa

Numa Avatar

How does one trade a teachable recipe one has learned to another player exactly? I know how trading works but it usually means taking items from your inventory and dragging it to the trading window.

Acred likes this.
  4. Net

Net Avatar

You open your crafting book (B) and drag recipe in trade window...same it is with trading emotes.

Acred and Numa like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.