Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Training Dummy - Needs fixed immediately

Discussion in 'Release 38 Bug Forum' started by Cairo Hayden, Feb 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cairo Hayden

Cairo Hayden Avatar

Training dummies replaced gustballs. Multiple members were able to train on a gustball before and did not require a lot to use one. Training dummies on the other hand require a player owned lot to place it on. If the owner of the training dummy is online, anyone can train on this dummy. If the owner of the training dummy logs out, you can no longer train on this dummy. This is a complete inconvenience for those who do not own property in-game as they have no way to train on a dummy. This needs to be corrected immediately by Portalarium and should take no time at all to do so. Thanks!

2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker? Yes - unable to train when owner is offline - gustballs were nerfed and this is only way to do so in town or pot
    4. Details: Details above
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Have owner of training dummy online, anyone can attack dummy. Have owner log out of game and shortly afterwards, dummy refreshes(flashes) and other plays can no longer target the training dummy.
    6. User Specs: Irrelevant

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
    Numa likes this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

sure they do. there are dummies on both adventure scenes and towns. not many, but they do exist.

3. Numa

Numa Avatar

The training dummies should follow the normal permissions framework of the other lot items though. Guilds and orgs usually have training areas dedicated to their members in POTS and NPC towns. Take wishing wells as a counter example, sure there are ones that are publicly available in NPC towns but it wouldn't make sense to have to leave your town to get water because the owner of the well where you live isn't there.

4. Alley Oop

they can't. thery'e basically pets. pets are not active without the owner present.

5. Numa

Numa Avatar

Pets though (and other lot deco) have a full permission menu displayed when you right click on them. The training dummy in my garden doesn't - if they were really pets (or deco) they would have this option. I think the implementation is incomplete.

6. Alley Oop

they don't have the pet menu when they're not active. an inactive pet, on a lot where i have permissions but am not the owner, with the owner not present, gives me take and use, item permissions, and privacy, like any other inanimate deco with the addition of take and use. an active pet has rename, follow, patrol, teleport... they have to be active to be interacted with. the one in your garden is not one you can test with: it's yours. of course it doesn't have the deco menu, it's active.

Numa likes this.
  7. Numa

Numa Avatar

I just checked this out and you're right.

At this point, I think the next best step is to wait for dev clarification - specially since the rental system is coming soon which may change previous assumptions. If you're a co-owner right now of a lot then any pet you place there is a accessible but inactive (as you said) since true ownership switches to the true owner of the place. Should this situation change in the rental patch then the type of access to pets/dummies may change too - in which case guilds/orgs may have a workaround to the practice dummy problem.

Paging @Berek :)

Alley Oop likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.