Training on Gust Balls . . . .

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Weins201, Nov 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atticus Gryphonheart

Atticus Gryphonheart Legend of the Hearth

Not sure how I feel. The other day I was in Ardoris and say peeps hitting on the gustball skilling. Thought was silly because they not out in the game building xp the old fashion way with a "risk" being involved. I then went to the trainer and noticed that I was almost able to buy cold resistance.

So I quickly turned off all my xp except for the skill I needed to raise, and fired two ice arrows at that gust ball. Boom, lvl 10 in the skill I needed so I can buy that skill.

Would have sucked to leave Ardoris to hunt down several critters just to turn around to lvl that skill (which I originally debated till I saw that gustball.)

Granted, peeps can always find away to exploit something.

For PvPs this may definitely seem an unfair advantage since will probably lead to them using this method more so they can rise in ranks to compete against others. But for others, if use sparingly, I don't see it as a problem.

2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Yeah to start out NP but once you hit level 20 that Gust ball should stop working as a Target.

My whole point is to PREVENT players from going out and gathering Exp points easily and then just coming home, going to a training dummy, jumping up on a rock.... and then using those exp points just get eaten up training a more complicated skill.

3. Doomgate

Doomgate Avatar

Although they could make quest General XP that you can spend where you want making questing a much bigger deal

But personally I feel they hit the nail on the head with this leveling system macro or not the amount of xp the player has has nothing to do with how long they macro-ed. Plus Remove the Gust Ball then grate now ill take my convent second account (guild member or a friend) we paus our healing so that doest go up and put a macro to Damage attack wait 5 sec Heal he does the same bada bing bada boom off they go (might take a while to get timing right so they don't kill each other but if they want to macro they will)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.