Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Training skill help window text is wrong

Discussion in 'Release 41 Bug Forum' started by Filter Bubble Algorithm, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Filter Bubble Algorithm

Filter Bubble Algorithm Avatar

Title: in the "Training Skills" help window, text is miss-leading
    Reproduction Rate: 1/1
    Blocker? no
    Details: in the "Training Skills" help window, the instructions are wrong, clicking the green icon again will put the skill into two red arrows down icon (Unlearning) which means you will bring down the skill and reclaim experience from it. And clicking it again will not "begin training it again", it will put it into the straight grey line icon (Not Maintaining) that means it will no longer gain experience.
    [​IMG]

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. log in
    2. open skills tree
    3. click top right question mark icon in skill tree window
    User Specs:
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.602.Date.05.03.17
    Area: Novia
    Area Display Name: Novia
    Loc: (122.5, 12.9, 140.8)

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

this text is aimed at new characters. skills aren't unlearnable at first; i think they have to get past 20? if you know a skill that can be set to untrain at lower levels you should bug that skill.

3. Filter Bubble Algorithm

Filter Bubble Algorithm Avatar

ahh but regardless of the skill level, what I wrote in the bug still stands. The txt is wrong and missleading. It should be fixed. Regardless if the skill can be unlearnable or not at low level, the txt should be more clear or at least define the different icons completely.

Reads: "To stop training a skill, click on the green icon next to it. To begin training it again, click on the icon again." ( this doesnt provide sufficient information regarding the classifications of the icons )
    Should read something like this: "To stop training a skill, set the icon to the grey bar. To begin training it again, set it back to the green arrow." ( i dont like my suggestion, im not great at english, but i hold you get my point about describing the different icons )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.