Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

traps, spikes, fire, ... barely hurt me at all

Discussion in 'Release 45 Feedback Forum' started by Thore Gundi, Sep 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thore Gundi

Thore Gundi Avatar

it seems like the spikes that come up from the ground or say a stalactite rock that fell on me , or fire in the ruins, .. or poisoned water in the vaults...

are just so weak, i don't even notice any hp loss ? ?

I think they need to up the damage on traps !!

2. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

Perhaps the traps near treasure chests can be made more deadly. I like the idea of lockpicking the chests and disarming traps too.

3. Thore Gundi

Thore Gundi Avatar

I just think its kinda pointless to have a trap, if it doesnt do anything, lol, at least it looks good' ?

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  4. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

Agreed, trap damage should be fine tuned based on skull difficulty of the scene. A trap in a 1-2 skull scene should do 20-30% damage to Avatar, but a trap in skull 5 scene should do 50-60% damage :D Right now I think they do like 20 damage across the board maybe? Totally negligible :-/

thoregundi likes this.
  5. Gix

Gix Avatar

Any specific locations with traps so that I can see for myself? Last time I encountered any was a long time ago.

thoregundi likes this.
  6. Thore Gundi

Thore Gundi Avatar

try visiting the Ruins'

7. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I agree.

The way the game is designed, traps should not work the way they do.

Current Design:
    Oh no, I went through a fire trap. I got burnt. Now I'm healing. Now I'm healed. That was lame.

Unless there's a ton of mobs around (which is annoying) then traps don't really have much impact.

Ideal Design:
    Oh no, I went through a fire trap. I got burnt. Wait, I'm not healing! I continue to lose health and I'm not healing, ever! I'm dead because I did not use douse or a potion to remove the impact of the trap. I will have to pay more attention and not set off traps in the future unless I want to die all the time.

There must be a lasting effect that will lead to death over time if not countered.

thoregundi likes this.
  8. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

The difference is due to the recovery while in passive mode. The higher recovery offsets the damage dealt by the trap. If it popped you into combat mode when struck by a trap then trap DOTs would be far more noticeable as you would be on combat regen. That should be the first step.

Additional, they should probably take another crack at the zombie plague effect before doing other long term until you die effects first. Unsure if the crashing to desktop associated with that has been resolved.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    Senjut likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.