Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Trees... a love/hate relationship.

Discussion in 'Release 46 Feedback Forum' started by Elgarion, Oct 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Albeit I love the trees and especially the variety of trees in the game, I find myself commonly hunting in woodland areas and the trees are always frustrating since I oft cannot angle my camera appropriately to see what is going on.

The other day, I played a game that had trees (and some other objects that commonly block views, such as bushes etc.) appearing between the avatar and the camera to become nearly transparent, and all the trees, bushes etc. appearing in front of the avatar would remain fully visible.

I found it to be some pretty handy tech, and in our case, might provide significant improvements to a woodland experience.

Just a thought ;)

Love the game! Keep up the great work and take your time, please :)

MFWalter, Gix, Salix and 4 others like this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Certainly one of the more frustrating aspects of SotA.

3. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

fighting through a screen full of trees truly is a pain. you cant see if things are getting behind you, or how close to death they all are, and I seem to spend half my time trying to find a better spot or view point so I cam see whats going on... I guess the simple answer is the camera needs to be restricted to the character side of the tree. even if that means seeing most of the back of your head

Elwyn likes this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I think making trees transparent when they come between the camera and your avatar is a much better solution.

5. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Your camera already bounces off the trunk of the tree, which works as that second solution suggestion when you keep your camera low. But when you're looking down as we typically do at a higher angle, that tree's branches be all up in yer face ;)

liz_the_wiz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.