Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Trouble placing 2015 Yule Tree (Town Lot/Crafting Pavilion)

Discussion in 'Release 25 Feedback Forum' started by jiirc, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Title: Trouble placing 2015 Yule Tree (Town Lot/Crafting Pavilion)
    Repro Rate: 100%
    Blocker: No
    Details: I tried to place the 2015 Yule Tree on my town lot in Serentie., I wasn't able to. Any place outside the crafting pavilion resulted in a red tree and the crossed out cursor. I tried inside the pavilion as well, but I wasn't able to place it there either. I went to another lot I own in Serenite. I was able to place the tree there, it is a village lot with a house on it. Location: Area: Serenite (POT_desert_metropolis_01_template) Loc: (-306.2, 65.0, 349.2)
    Steps:
    - put the 2015 Yule tree in your inventory
    - head to the lot
    - find an open area and try to place the tree, you won't be able to
    - go inside the pavilion
    - try to place the tree. you won't be able to
    Build: 350 Windows

2. Dameron

Dameron Portalarian Emeritus

Thanks for writing in!

When trying to reproduce the issue, I see you have placed the maximum amount of external lights for that plot. The "Yule Tree 2015" also has a light on it. Thus, the issue you are experiencing is by design for performance reasons.

Please note, I was able to place the decoration you listed in front of your fireplace, and next to your replenishing snowball boxes.

When you get a chance, please try to place your decoration there to see if the issue persists.

3. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

@Dameron, it was a light limit issue, I was able to place the tree inside the pavilion after I adjust how many lights I had deployed.

I didn't even think about it having a light as part of the tree. I didn't see the light aura around it the first time, maybe it was just my camera angle. I did see it this time.

There used to be a message in the chat logs when you reached your maximum light placement. I wonder what happened to it?

4. Dameron

From my understanding, it went away to avoid clutter in the chat window, and the housing UI flashes red to draw your attention to why an action was not able to be carried out.; such as placing an external light.

5. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

@Dameron, the flash is too subtle. I missed it completely the first time and only saw it on subsequent attempts when I was focused on the section of the screen where the UI was placed. I wonder if it needs to flash more and maybe the whole screen could flash red; something more dramatic.

Budner likes this.
  6. Dameron

You make some good suggestions. Others may find that too much. Others may find that just right.

Yay! to balance and finding that Goldilocks spot :)

I am moving this thread to the feedback section in which you, and other users too, can give more detail on what you would like to see catch your attention to inform you when something does not occur when you expect it to.

jiirc likes this.
  7. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

Semi-related, I've seen occasionally where I will have difficulty placing a lighting object in certain places within my home. I have not exceeded my number of lighting objects but it will kind of flash red as if I did.

Are there other restrictions with regards to lighting placement besides max number?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.