"TTPDs" - PoT Only Taxable Tenant Protected Lot Deeds.

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Grave Dragon, Aug 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

I'd like to request a taxable, PoT only lot deed which defaults the owner to zero lot privaledges except for an eviction option and assigning a trustee/tenant.

The tenant would have trustee privaledges by default, but If evicted or if the deed is taken off the lot, the contents of the home go to the tenant and the home/lot deed go back to the owner.

By default, the lot owner would NOT have privaledges to anything inside the home. The tenant would fully control the contents of the home and would have the ability to assign another trustee, kindred or guest.

These deeds should be much cheaper than regular deeds, available for purchase by PoT owners only.

This would help fill PoTs, protect renting tenants and generate revenue for Portalarium in the form of lot sales and taxes.

Thanks,
    - Grave

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    Stryker Sparhawk likes this.
  2. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

While having some positive merits, I do not see this as anything we'd see soon.

In the beginning of time, POT design would have been someone spending 30k for the land and All the deeds to fill that space. Today's version is just the land and you grow it as you and fellow residents are able.

The revenue model to Portalarium is not maintained by what you are promoting, and I think the option may come along with the current deed structure in the longer term as options to the permission model.

Again, my opinion, your mileage may vary.

| Grave | likes this.
  3. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

The revenue model would be supported through the sale of the deeds and the opportunity for tenants to pay taxes via Cotos. I can guarantee these would sell, the driving factors being a governors desire to increase population which is backed with incentives like the blessing system and opportunities for tenant protected renting.

Plus, it would have very little impact on the lottery because there will always be a market for NPC town capable lot deeds.

I think it fits like a glove, but I absolutely do appreciate your perspective.

4. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

While I like the options where a co-owner is given the option of having items places on the lot go to their bank if a permission flag is set and the option for them to pay the rent, my thoughts diverge from yours on the 'less expensive' model for what you are proposing they should be -- mainly because the same thing can be achieved through modifications of the current system.

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  5. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

This is very true, but there is a market of people we are leaving out with the current model.

I'd say "most" PoT owners can't afford to outfit their town with lot deeds with few exceptions, due to the cost prohibitive nature of the current deeds. There will be many many players who prefer an NPC or PRT town lot, but can't get a deed because they expire soon with only a lottery remaining to obtain one. If those players prefer NPC and PRT living, they are more likely to remain homeless than buy a PoT only deed.

This provides those players and PoT owners with an option for protected renting in a PoT as an alternative without the tenant having to invest in a PoT only deed themselves and enabling PoT owners to increase population without the excessive cost of a full price deed.

With the listed restrictions and protections, I think a lower price is appropriate, especially considering the realistic alternative for most players in this scenario will be to not invest in more deeds at all.

There is also a demographic of players who won't be able to afford to buy a bundle or a lot deed at all but could still generate revenue for portalarium as a TTPD tax payer.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  6. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

A bundle can be obtained for $45 and upgraded to the next tier or larger at any time a buyer has funds. If the level of bundle has a row deed, and the buyer gets to the village level, that POT rent free deed can be upgraded. If anything, it's a more organic growth system than a payment plan.. And after the pledges are gone, the payment plans may return.

I will not comment on the NPC / PRT occupancy, as that activity is not fully complete.

| Grave | likes this.
  7. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

No , sorry but this would protect those people who want to rent Lot from the Lot owners - there is no need so PORT to support this. Renting lots without tranfering ownership is not good for the game it is a Money Making adventure to profit thru the game.

POT owners renting out lots actually give the renter the lot and the LOT owner is in control and the POT owner can only evict already so not a need for POT renting out spots.

This mechanic only work for LOT owners - subletting for profit, and this shoule NEVER be supported by port in ANY way. Scammers and other issues are to rampant in this type of market-

Sell or NOT is all port should be dealing with

Again POT owners renting out Lots already give the LOT owner the power so, this is already there.

8. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

I would just point out that your opinion on how good or bad renting is for the game is irrelevant because Portalarium already said they would allow it provided the owners do the legwork themselves. (No rent collection mechanics will be implemented).

Also, landlords don't transfer ownership of homes or lots to a tenant, that's the whole premise behind renting, so I'm not sure what your point is here.

Finally, subletting is the process of leasing or renting a property by a tenant, not an owner, so again, it doesn't or is very unlikely to apply here as it wouldn't be profitable.

9. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

You're right that there are good options available now. This idea is probably best described to bridge the gaps in the current model and not replace it, but only if an appropriate TTPD deed cost could be established to balance profitability with player value. That may not be an easy task.

10. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

OK, so... This this thread was started by ME, so I'm in the right place. Are you?

11. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Grave, I do not mind some of the options presented, the direction of whose bank items go, the sharing of paying the Portalarium tax between lot owner/co-owner.

I just cannot support a lot deed that is priced less than the current options that only benefit the 330 POT owners of who could buy the type of lot you spoke about in the OP.

| Grave | likes this.
  12. Onyx

Onyx Avatar

Other than the price I like your idea @| Grave |. Other than the price. No need to reduce the cost in my opinion.

| Grave | and Stryker Sparhawk like this.
  13. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

Thanks for replying guys, I appreciate the input.

14. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

Another idea I had specific to this was, a "Landlord's Bundle" or "Renter's Bundle" which included a PoT only lot deed and a home, could be put together for a cheaper price than typical bundles, BUT, did not grant a physical lot deed or home reward that could be traded, instead the Lot Deed and Home would be tied to the player's account. That way, they could use it as any other deed in the UI window, it would be earmarked as untradeable and it could be discounted and provide more opportunities to fill PoTs, lessen the financial burden of players to own homes and deeds and put bundle purchases into the realm of possibility for folks who currently cant/wont consider the purchase due to cost.

For the sake of protecting tenants of rental agreements, the Landlord bundles could include the TTPD's I described in my OP. Untradeable and therefore, cheaper. It generates revenue that otherwise would not exist.

Thanks,
    -Grave

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.