Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Turning the camera while fighting stops autoattack even if enemy is still in front of you

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Vladamir Begemot, Jun 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

6/24/2018 11:11 PM
    Title: Turning the camera while fighting stops autoattack even if enemy is still in front of you
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details:

Turning the camera (for a screenshot or video for instance) while fighting on autoattack causes you to stop attacking, even though the enemy is still directly in front and selected.

In other words, I'm now looking over the shoulder of the enemy towards myself, seeing myself from in front.

Steps to Reproduce: Fight something using autoattack. Stop moving and move the camera around so you're looking at your own face.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz (12) System RAM: 24411
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.QA.Win.64.710.Date.06.22.18
    Area: Novia_R5_Hills01_01
    Area Display Name: East Vauban Foothills
    Loc: (111.2, 90.1, -364.8)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjVfSGlsbHMwMV8wMXx8KDExMS4xOTMsIDkwLjEwMiwgLTM2NC43NzIpfCgwLCAwLjcxOCwgMCwgMC42OTYpfC05NzguNzQzOXwyNi43OTcxNHwzLjg5MDAwMQ==

2. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

This is how it has always been. The camera determines your actual direction. Lots of nasty side effects if we change this behavior. The only real option to address this is to give the characters two facing directions and let it work if either one is valid. If not, then stuff like turning the camera to try and change targets stop working. In the past we have had people tell us to change it, others say no, and then the request turns to "Make it an option". We are trying to avoid adding even more options to the game at this point because it has cost us hundreds if not thousands of hours.

3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

If you ever have the desire to expound on this in a tech talk, why some people said no, the nasty things that would happen, etc that would be an interesting listen.

Violette Dyonisys likes this.
  4. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I may have seen it. It's possible I even did long ago, and may again without remembering this conversation at all. One of the prices of war for me was a really spotty memory.

@Chris does this have anything to do with not being able to turn the camera whole running? We can turn the camera while moving while playing instruments so I always wondered why not the rest of the time.

Bambino likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.