Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Typos & Edits for Deng Zhou

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Bedawyn, Jul 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

07/06/2019 16:34
    Title: Typos & Edits for Deng Zhou
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No

Details:

Deng Zhou has three keywords showing: buy, vendors (plural), and vendor (singular)

The vendor (singular) keyword is redundant; it just opens the sales window, same as the buy keyword does.

In response to the vendors (plural) keyword, he gives the how-to-use-public-vendors spiel; at the end of that paragraph, he says: "hire your own vendors which will not have these restrictions". Should be "vendors who will not have..."

Steps to Reproduce: Speak to the Public Vendor in Ardoris

SotA.Win.64.1006.Date.07.05.19
    Area: Ardoris
    Area Display Name: Ardoris
    Loc: (99.2, 53.0, -73.8)
    Debug: QXJkb3Jpc3x8KDk5LjIxOCwgNTMuMDAzLCAtNzMuNzY1KXwoMCwgMC45NDQsIDAsIDAuMzMxKXw1MDEuNzM1NXw4LjUyMDEyfDEuMjU=

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Bedawyn, the /copy command will put on your clipboard everything currently visible in the chat window (which means if you want a specific category, like npc chat or combat log, you nee to make sure it's showing in the window first.)

the /datafolder command will open the directory that has the chat logs (among other things), if you'd rather deal with them in your own editor.

makes reporting chat bugs much easier!

Jaesun and Bedawyn like this.
  3. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Thanks! I worked as a copyeditor for many years, so I'm rather stuck in my ways when it comes to formatting edits and am still figuring out the best way to do it here -- especially for things that, if I were being paid for it, I'd mark as a [QUERY] with the assumption that the client would trust my judgment and accept the suggestion, but that don't technically count as errors/bugs. :) Devs -- I'm more than open to hearing how and where you want to receive such suggestions (copyedits, rather than proofreading corrections), if this is a bad place for it.

Jaesun and Alley Oop like this.
  4. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report! Issue #65258

And this is the best place to share typos, inconsistencies, oddities, and general feedback on conversations. We don't need to overthink it. Mostly what I need is the NPC's name and location along with details on what you think could be improved.

Jaesun and Bedawyn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.