Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Typos, Misspellings and Grammatical Errors

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Pashta, Jan 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pashta

Pashta Avatar

I searched but did not find this particular error. Eilliana says "erradicated". It should be "eradicated". There were already a few other typos and misspellings in my starting quests... Why don't you guys use Word to just check the spelling? It isn't hard to do... It really bugs me, I like RPGs for the stories and I love to read in these games. Misspellings, typos, etc. make me very unhappy and kicks me out of the moment, ruining immersion.

I mean, seriously! Even THIS thing on the forums has a spell-checker! It underlined "erradicated"! There is NO excuse for it. It makes the company look unprofessional and the game not as polished.

2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Hi @Pashta! Unfortunately, our custom quest-data entry tool doesn't have a spellcheck feature and there have been times when our team (me included, I'll admit) skipped some steps when proofing our work. However, I'm more than happy to fix any typos, style errors, and confusing text you might find. Whenever you find conversation responses, journal entries, NPC "barks," item names, etc. with questionable text, please report them on our bug forums. To best help me, each report should include the source of the problem, such as the NPC/item name, scene name, location coordinates (when applicable), and any other related details.

In the meantime, I've added this typo to my to-do list. Issue #63617

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.