Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

UI Buff display - larger statuses!

Discussion in 'Release 34 Feedback Forum' started by Kirran, Oct 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kirran

Kirran Avatar

Please, please, please, enhance the Buff display on the UI to at least enlarge the buff statuses.

1) Buff statuses are so small they're next to impossible to see either what's active or what's ticking down to need refreshing.
    2) Buffs interfere with Pet status display.

I'm not sure what the schedule is like for a UI polish, but making this one in the interim would be a most welcome change.

How about letting Pinco get in on a redesign?

[​IMG]

Roycestein Kaelstrom and moko like this.
  2. Fizzlebang

Fizzlebang Avatar

I've had plenty of discussions with my guildies about letting SotA do what WoW did; allow an open source UI so that people can create add-ons for a customizable UI. Unsure if it's possible with Unity, but it would be really nice to see something like this. I think allowing players complete, or at least plenty, control over how their UI looks should be a staple in more games.

EDIT: An obvious exception here would be the amount of slots available to you, just because game balance. But, the ability to individually move around each slot would be nice!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
    Roycestein Kaelstrom and uhop like this.
  3. Kirran

Kirran Avatar

I'd like to be able to have a movable grid, at least, with larger buffs that I can move closer to my glyph bar so I can see whats counting down. As it is, much of combat is looking at the glyph bar, the mob's health bar, and my own buffs.

As I use the mouse to hit glyphs most of the time, my eyes are moving from the bottom of the screen where the glyph bar is, to the top left where my own health bar and scanning for the current target. Moving the glyph bar isn't an option because it would interfere in the rest of the screen.

Perhaps even have the glyph bar slots 1-5 and 6-10 split into multiple movable sections.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.