UI friendly for the visually impaired

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by 3djake, Apr 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3djake

3djake Avatar

In the past there were some games I was not able to play long term due to the user interface.

Its important for everything to be scalable in a RPG especially in a competitive multiplayer/MMO. I do not think having a API for the UI is essential to make it friendly for the visually impaired.

The UI should be scalable, when creating a scalable UI, screen real estate needs to be taken into consideration.
    I like having lots of information on my screen and this can be a problem if there is unnecessary UI art taking up space, by UI art I mean things like borders that surround health bars, bags and action bars and I think a option to disable the UI art would be great for those who are scaling the UI to a large size.

I could not find a screen shot of when I had set up my UI in WoW just perfect(not played WoW in years) but I came across something that gives a decent example of what happens to screen real estate when some one scales the UI.

http://epick.org/UIWoW.jpg

You can imagine how much screen I would have left if I could not get rid of UI art.

2. lordrex

lordrex Avatar

i think this is often overlooked. color contrast is something that is normally tended to but size scaling is often neglected. i support you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.