Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

UI Scaling

Discussion in 'User Interface (Including Launcher)' started by Zini, Jul 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zini

Zini Avatar

07/05/2018 10:57
    Title:UI scale is not matching window scale
    Reproduction Rate:100%
    Blocker? Kinda
    Details:When running the game in windowed mode UI elements seem to be out of place as if the UI is scaled to the screen resolution and not the window size. Symptoms:
    * The skill progress icons on the right are only partially visible. Looks like they are pushed past the right window border.
    * The top line with compass, daytime and such is not visible.
    * The activation area for mouse clicks is offset downwards and maybe to the right (not sure about the last part), meaning to click a button I must click below the button.
    Note that I am not talking about window furniture (like titlebar) when I say the window is smaller than the screen. On my system there are panels on the right and on the top and they are not covered by windows, so the situation is not the same (as for example) as with a maximised window on a Windows OS desktop.
    I think this problem appeared only with the most recent patch (but not 100% sure, was somewhat inactive the last two weeks).
    Steps to Reproduce: Start the game
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16000
    GPU: GeForce GTX 970/PCIe/SSE2 GPU RAM: 4096
    SotA.Linux.64.801.Date.07.03.18
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_02_template/Crossroads
    Area Display Name: Crossroads
    Loc: (263.3, 44.7, -219.5)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAyX3RlbXBsYXRlfENyb3Nzcm9hZHN8KDI2My4yODMsIDQ0LjY4OCwgLTIxOS40OTQpfCgwLCAtMC4wNTQsIDAsIDAuOTk5KXwzNTUuMDExOHw0Ljc1NzV8MS4yNQ==

2. Zini

Zini Avatar

Update: The most recent update fixed the problem. However now there is no maximise button anymore and only a fixed set of window sizes, which limits the usefulness of the windowed mode quite a bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.