Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Ulfheim - No way to enter (or re-enter) first gated battle

Discussion in 'World Building, Scenes, Environment, & Overworld' started by Smegatron, Sep 24, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smegatron

Smegatron Bug Hunter

09/24/2019 23:14
    Title: Ulfheim - No way to enter (or re-enter) first gated battle
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No, but slows down game experience
    Details: If you are killed in the first gated battle, there does not appear to be a way to re-enter it. If a gated battle is already in progress there does not appear to be a way to join it. I expected there to be a way in based on my experience at the Grannus Colossus gates.

I had to wait five minutes for my empty battle to reset when I died solo. I had to wait 10 minutes while waiting for another player to complete the battle. This is a bit excessive and creates long down times while waiting to join friends in this new zone.

Please consider adding a way to enter in these situations.

Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz (4) System RAM: 16313
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU RAM: 6061
    SotA.QA.Win.64.875.Date.09.23.19
    Area: Novia_R9_Forest02_03
    Area Display Name: Ulfheim
    Loc: (-4.2, 50.0, -62.1)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjlfRm9yZXN0MDJfMDN8fCgtNC4xNjMsIDUwLjAwMywgLTYyLjA1OCl8KDAsIDAuMDA5LCAwLCAxKXwtMTQzOC44MzN8MjAuMzc0NzZ8Ny45MDE0MTY=

2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the feedback! Added as issue #65741

It's intentional that the valley gates are closed during the wave battle, for a "kill or die" feeling. However, what I'll do is switch the door closing mechanism to close after you kill several key enemies already in the area instead of when you approach the center. (Having the doors close after killing some of the initial enemies is how I do the other wave battles in that scene, so it actually makes a lot of sense to have them work the same way. I probably should have done it hat way in the first place.) This should reduce a couple of minutes off the reset (depending on the capability of the players fighting the waves, of course).

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.