UN-NERF over-world movement

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by jutman, Oct 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jutman

jutman Avatar

So Devs..... I don't slow down when I'm in an instance if i run off the road/pathway..... So therefor why should I slow down on the over-world then?
    This will GREATLY improve the quality of life in this game. Especially when avoiding these random encounters on the over-world (that force you to go off the roadway to avoid them) that will SUCK YOU IN WHEN YOUR NOWHERE AROUND THEM! (highly annoying and inconvenient)

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Just drink a potion of Wolf Speed and zip around the map really fast.

3. Dulayne

Dulayne Avatar

They are already doing plenty of quality of life stuff already. They have already cut down the load times by allowing you to skip passes and sieges. If anything I like the idea of being slowed down on the overworld off the beaten track.

It is a nice touch for realism and makes coming to encounters a little more perilous. When the fleet flute is fixed (hopefully soon) that will help you too.

(Pro-Tip, while the flute is broken and gold drops more, get one while they are cheaper. :) I have heard stories of them selling for 45k atm).

Applerust, Olthadir, Chatele and 4 others like this.
  4. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

But it's not nerfed.

The overworld is supposed to be a map and travelling at different speeds over different terrain is an excellent feature imho.

Olthadir, Net, Jaesun and 4 others like this.
  5. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

As Dulayne and Gorthyn have said its a good feature, roads are fastest movement and other tiles such as fields woods swamp hills etc have different movement rates so the road is generaly the fastest way from A-B but you can cross country if you choose.
    Also the terrain also slows the mobs down so if your using your coconut horse you can easily outrun them.

Personaly Id like to see it taken 1 step further and if you run across an encounter zone on the world map I feel there should be a random chance your pulled into that zone at a random place within the zone, that could make life interesting ;)

Olthadir likes this.
  6. jutman

jutman Avatar

Then a little more wont hurt then will it?

7. jutman

jutman Avatar

But it is nerfed... I remember when they nerfed it, if you can not remember when they nerfed it then I am sorry.

8. jutman

jutman Avatar

Shouldn't have to do that here. Movement shouldn't be restricted on the over-world map. Now if you do decide to utilize a potion to go faster that's fine, but when the over-world map was not nerfed like it currently it, movement was MUCH better..... Also a lot more people played back then.....hmmmm maybe a direct correlation there...... start nerfing things and loose players... start unnerfing things and get players back!!!

9. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

How did they nerf it then ?

10. Black FjP

Black FjP Avatar

You mean when they finished it? By putting in different movement rates over different terrains?

11. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Personally I really love the different speeds on the over world map, It feels realistic... Makes it more unique and different from all the other scenes …. So if it was a nerf , Jutman,. then it sure was a dam good one ….. And when Horses come online, (ridable ones) it will make over world map even faster, because Horses can still trot faster then we humans on any terrain.... :) :);):cool::D

Olthadir and Jaesun like this.
  12. jutman

jutman Avatar

It used to be one consistent speed on the entire world map... now its slowed down if you get off the beaten path? anyone playing for a long time would remember that......

13. jutman

jutman Avatar

Realistic? when is the last time realistically you were at walmart and someone cast a fireball on you? Or you saw a skeleton walking around you had to slay? This is a mid evil time game nothing here is realistic....
    Nerf is nerf.... that's what happened here...... over-world movement was nerfed...
    If you for one do not desire to have more people rejoin the game or have higher retention due to nerf that is on you... i for one want this game to succeed and having less nerf certainly puts those chances higher.

14. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Seriously, just drink a potion of Wolf Speed. They are super cheap.

Olthadir likes this.
  15. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

My Goodness, take a chill pill. Yes this is a game … it is not real; life , duh. In the context of a fantasy game, realism refers to the overall environment. For example, if you fall off a cliff you fall down not up because that's the way gravity makes it work in the real world. In this case most people are able to walk faster on some surfaces then others so it is completely reasonable for speed to vary depending on the surface - nothing to do with nerfs.

..... I really like how the over world movement works now, way better then what it was before.... roads should be faster travel, period. And it will be even faster when we get our mounts, and navigational boats etc..... If you don't want to use the road and potions, then that is on you.... ALL the Devs need to do is remove the encounter mobs way off the roads, issue solved.... No need to traverse the woods etc use the ROADS …. JMHO

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    Jaesun and Olthadir like this.
  16. jutman

jutman Avatar

nope.... un nerf.... maybe have some retention on new players and get some old players back.... look at the bigger picture.
    Also random encounters are a super great feature... don't remove them.... maybe add a feature where you can bypass them like you can bypass a sieged city. Someone will say well just run around them, i know its coming... well when you run around them you are greatly slowed down, and also these random encounters will engage with you when you are NOWHERE near them..... a pain...... too many load screens...
    All this could be made simple by the simple unnerf of the over world movement... case closed...

17. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

This has absolutely nothing to do with players either leaving or not staying with the game... there are bigger issues out there, this is not 1 of them.... Not from what I have been hearing... You cannot please everyone.... what 1 person likes, another hates …. majority rules.... and so far you are the only one here that does not like it ...

Jaesun and Olthadir like this.
  18. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

Going back to how it was....

So do you want them to undo the over world speed buff of coconut speed all rhe time they added at release too ???

Asking for speed to not be affected by terrain is one thing. Proposing it as an unnerf is another.

19. jutman

jutman Avatar

so by your reasoning you would rule that their adding of over world speed buff of coconut speed was a nerf?? Look at it this way... I'm wanting the unnerfing... if you add to the benefit of the game that is NOT nerfing.... by taking away from the game that is nerfing!!
    Just look at them doing away with death decay.... thats un nerfing!!!!

20. jutman

jutman Avatar

btw there are numerous people out there that do not like the this as well.... get a clue...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.