Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Unable to fish and take damage while in water in a Snowy Mountain Road Encounter

Discussion in 'World Building, Scenes, Environment, & Overworld' started by Boradic Boneslasher, Dec 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boradic Boneslasher

Boradic Boneslasher Avatar

12/09/2018 20:38
    Title: Unable to fish and take damage while in water of a snowy mountain road encounter
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? no
    Details: taking damage while in the water in a snowy mountain road encounter and also not able to fish in the water on these encounters
    Steps to Reproduce: go down to the water under the bridge and walk in it to test taking damage and to fish just try fishing like normal either from in the water or the shore next to the water.
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD A8-5545M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (4) System RAM: 7364
    GPU: AMD Radeon(TM) HD 8510G GPU RAM: 750
    SotA.QA.Win.64.780.Date.12.07.18
    Area: RandomEncounter_Alpine01_Road/Krampus
    Area Display Name: Snowy Mountains Road Encounter
    Loc: (62.0, 61.0, 41.9)
    Debug: UmFuZG9tRW5jb3VudGVyX0FscGluZTAxX1JvYWR8S3JhbXB1c3woNjEuOTg2LCA2MC45NTYsIDQxLjk0MSl8KDAsIC0wLjk4MiwgMCwgMC4xODgpfC0xMjMwLjkxNXwzNi45MTU5fDEyLjc2Njc0

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Boradic Boneslasher, yes, cold water causes damage. this is deliberate: the river in vertas has the same effect (though they chose not to add the effect to the new pot fishing holes). as well, water has to be deep enough to swim to fish in. i haven't seen the krampus version of that scene yet but unless they changed it from the troll twins version, i don't think it's deep enough.

3. Boradic Boneslasher

Boradic Boneslasher Avatar

Its the same, the Krampus one was where I was trying it, on the far end under the bridge where the water looked deep enough to be fishing in.

4. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Yes, taking damage (in this case the AOE cold damage) will put you into combat mode, in which you cannot fish. I believe this is intended but could be wrong.

There may be parts further down that river where you could fish in that scene... I think there are some logs or other rubbish where you can stand and not be in the water to get the cold damage and be able to reach a spot deep enough to fish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.