Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Unable to Launch Game

Discussion in 'Release 26 Dev+' started by Poor game design, Jan 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Title: Unable to Launch Game
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? Yes
    Details: I launch the game and on the load screen when it hits 50% it makes an odd sound. Like a windows crash sound, maybe? It then proceeds to attempt to load the scene I'm in. In this case, Rats Nest. It gets to 100% and just sits there, forever.

I've tried rebooting my machine and it does the same thing. The game is patched to version 320 on QA.

It's worth mentioning that there is NO music as I launch the game in QA. But when I launch the game in R25, there is music and I'm able to play the game without problem. So perhaps one of the music files was corrupted?

Steps to Reproduce: Attempt to Launch Game
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4820K CPU @ 3.70GHz (8) System RAM: 32687
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 GPU RAM: 1989
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.318.Date.01.25.16
    Area: POT_island_metropolis_01_template

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This was actually a known issue for all island POT scenes. Try loading to world map the next time and it should bring you back into the game. If you continue to observe a load failure when doing so, please rereport. As of Build 321 this issue has been resolved, so once the update goes out, you should be able to reenter your island POTs.

3. Drocis the Devious

Thanks, I just tried entering via the world map and I got into the game but I'm still locked out of my Island POT, it does the same thing once I try to enter Rats Nest from the world map. I also think it's odd that the music is not playing on the launch screen for QA and I get the weird sound as I'm launching into Rats Nest at the 50% load mark.

I'll wait for build 321 and see what happens though. I wasn't having any trouble at all until I patched from 318 to 320.

4. Attenwood

It was a confirmed break with 320. I assure you the fix is present in 321. :) Can't speak to the music though.

5. Drocis the Devious

Ok, 321 allows me back into my POT. YAY!

The music is still not there during the launch window though. And the weird crashing noise still happens when I load Rats Nest (at the 50% mark). Do I need to make a new bug report for this? Or do you have it?

6. Attenwood

Please make a separate bug report with details for both. Not in blockers though. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.