1. We have a QA initiative where we work with the community more closely than ever to get your bug reports into the hands of the developers. Please use this forum for LIVE Server bug reporting. Do follow the format below, because it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, it's possible your bug report will be misinterpreted, or worse, lost!

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Only reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug. ALL extraneous commentary will be deleted to avoid cluttering the reports.
    • Keep your bug report short and factual.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    Bug Report Template
    1. Title:
    2. Reproduction Rate:
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs:
    To get started, use /bug in-game (/devbug if on QA) to auto-create this template. It will even auto-fill some of the required information and open the browser for you. Then take the information that was just saved to your system's clipboard and paste it into a new QA forum post. Thank you bug hunters!
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Unable to loot after party dissolved

Discussion in 'Release 35 Bug Forum' started by Syznow, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Syznow

Syznow Avatar

11/11/2016 4:35 AM
    Title: see above
    Reproduction Rate: unknown
    Blocker?y
    Details: Not sure if this is bug or something else. I was hunting in a party and the only other party member went offline for a while. Eventually his character timed out and he was removed rom the party. This happedn while I was looting a group of cropses and suddenly I could not loot them anymore. I exited to the login screend and came back in but still could not loot the corpses. I tried exiting the client and restarting, but still could loot only about 1/2 the new corpses that I killed. It could jsut be coincidence that the issue started right when I got the message saying the other party member was removed but its a pretty big coincidence. I cannot reproduce this easily since it involves a server side timeout and am jsut reporting it as a possible issue.
    Steps to Reproduce:see above
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz (12) System RAM: 32691
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4058
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.502.Date.11.08.16
    Area: Novia_R11_Hills01_ElysiumMinesEntrance
    Area Display Name: Twins Foothills
    Loc: (115.4, 57.9, 88.1)

2. DrGornhelm

DrGornhelm Avatar

having similar problem as I cant loot, boat to POT, talk to NPC. I get blue or green arrow when I highlight NPC etc but it takes multiple tries to interact. I go around, or in and out and finally it works, frustrating

3. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Bug Brigade - Bug Hunter

Thanks for the report @Syznow, this is tracked for resolution.

4. Attenwood

Attenwood Avatar

How is your client's performance at these times? We are aware of reports of being unable to interact via double-click when FPS are extremely low. If this is the case, I might suggest using the interact key ('E' by default) to use/interact with objects that double-click cannot.

5. Attenwood

Attenwood Avatar

Have you been able to reproduce this issue since it was first observed?

6. Syznow

Syznow Avatar

No. But since it coincided with a server timeout of the party member while I iwas looting corpses, I don't know if I can ever recreate that exact circumstance. I just reported it as a potential issue since reproducing the circumstances myself is unlikely.

And I was looting using the "E" key. I usually use the "E" key when I loot corpses. This happened while looting a stack of 5-6 corpses.

7. DrGornhelm

DrGornhelm Avatar

yep have had problem on multiple platforms, over many days since installing v35
    internet speed has been excellent and no problems with other games like D&D online