Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Unable to maintain connection to game server

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Lazlo, Jan 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

For the last week or so, whenever I try to log into SotA, connecting is very slow on log in, followed by getting stuck with just the background art indefinitely. At first I thought maybe I had a corrupt file or something, so I tried verifying files and also completely reinstalled with no luck.

I then tried to log into SotA on my wife's computer on the same network. Connecting was still very slow, usually getting disconnected from the game server when loading into the game. Occasionally I could get into the game successfully, but usually I'd get disconnected again soon afterwards, and could not successfully load any scenes without losing connection.

Other than when trying to use SotA, our internet connection seems to be fine. Downloading updates also works fine, as does playing in offline mode. I am using the Steam client.

2. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

It would suggest most people arent suffering this or there would be a ton of "me too"s .

Its not uncommon for their to be issues between ISP-A and ISP-B or some form of routing issue somewhere, it can wipe out whole areas connecting to somethings. I dont have the contacts I once did to find out where the major down areas are now. However your first step should be contact your ISP and report you know plenty of us out in the world can get here, so, can they please investigate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.