Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

unbalanced trades

Discussion in 'Release 30 Feedback Forum' started by Xi_, May 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

Mining and black smithing have way more going for them than any other crafting skills, i do not like this.

Bluefire and Sara Dreygon like this.
  2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

???

Elaborate please

Leather is easy to get and seems to be a better armor in the long run sooooo?

Lord Baldrith and Oba Evesor like this.
  3. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Right now even with the new repair/durability, I can easily replace my clothes and leather suits (although I don't use any beetle carapaces yet).

4. Noric

Noric Avatar

I would agree that the gathering and crafting skills do need some balancing, however i do not think blacksmithing is that much better off than tailoring.

Moonshadow likes this.
  5. Mobidoy Querrent

Mobidoy Querrent Avatar

Multiplayer Economic Balance: A pass will be made through creature loot bundles, merchant pricing, property taxes, public vendor fees, harvesting rates, agriculture growth, crafting recipe ingredient amounts, and other factors to begin establishing an equilibrium for the multiplayer economy
    • Multiplayer Economic Balance Delayed: Crafting base viability was not where it needed to be, so we are delaying balancing until we can get Crafting where it needs to be.

6. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

there has been a high demand for ore as people call for platemail armor. Platemail uses a ton of ore compared to the ammount of hides leather uses or the ammount of cotton cloth requires. This coupled with the fact that thus far many people have been makign many thigns themselves or havign guildmates make things for them could be part of the reason the scales appear tipped, as ores are in more demand. Comapratively, hides and cotton have been far easier to get, and the advanced ores easier to get than beetle carapaces (used for one fo the advanced cloth,a nd one fo the advanced leather recipies).

With ore becoming easier to gather, and equipment becomign broken, as well as high repair/masterworking skills becomign desirable, i think we will likely see mroe peopel willign to buy thigns from others rather than make it themselves, jsut because of the time investment. It may be the case that platemail and chainmail are far mroe effective as armor (protection-wise) than anyuthign else and therefore tend to be in higher demand for folks simply doing PvE, as has been in the past, but that is jsut speculation.

if platemail and chain cost in materials more in-line with what at least leather does, you will see metal armor become cheaper, and the demand for ore become lighter.
    4 ore = 1 ingot and typically 4 Nodes or 2 nodes and some aquired scrap, 1 wire is 2 ingots, and it is 9 wire for a chain tunic. thats 36 non-meticulous nodes minimum, and double that without scrap.

A leather tunic requires 20ish leather (dotn have the recipie to look) and still requires some metal ore. Leather only (in27, last tiem i crafted leather) took 1 animal hide to make, and hide nodes are far far more abundant (And readily available to adventurers) than ore nodes are, which is another thing that puts ore in higher demand.

Aside from ore and beetle carapaces, msot peopela re still collecting thier own materials because of the ease of access of non-ore stuff. Ore is easier to buy from soemoen who has been dedicated to harvestign it to sell. It'll be worked out when they begin economic balancign im sure

Moonshadow likes this.
  7. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

i can see this arguement but blacksmiths can salvage npc gear, so can carpenter too, tailors make no weapons like the other crafts and most blacksmiths arnt interested in the components tailors and carpenters produce the way there components have uses in other trades.

now all trades are reliant on silver and gold too.

8. Noric

Noric Avatar

I agree the universal usage of gold and silver favor mining.

Tailors make armor from 2 different gathering tree's with different customer types. I don't think they are left too far behind with the salvaging. Carpenters i consider to be pretty left out as well as cooking.

Skinning is probably fine, but foraging is hurting, woodcutting might need some love and fishing sucks.

Moonshadow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.