Underground Catacombs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Razimus, Aug 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Looking forward to the underground catacombs, hope there is at least 1 underground city, for the Necro/Pirate types. If these tunnels are convenient enough as an alternative form of travel from the surface they could really be great places to hunt and be hunted.

Most games miss oppertunities like these, for example, Ultima Online, the only "underground" area that was literally underground were the tunnels under Buc's den, never did anyone at any time do anything with these, other than player-ran or seer-ran gm-ran events which were so rare I maybe saw it happen once. With a giant tunnel system under the cities it would be like playing 2 different games, the underworld would develop a life of it's own. Also looking forward to the skull themed items, and maybe a house.

- Razimus the Royal Crier

2. Reigner

Reigner Avatar

"Long ago, a cosmological tragedy scorched the sky, forcing them to recede deep into the mountain. There, they rebuilt their kingdom and a mighty stronghold carved in rock. As the years past, the citizens fell one-by-one to a dark pestilence. All that remains are the ancient ruins of a once prosperous civilization." -- Reigner (karaoke bard ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Miracle Dragon and Wsye like this.
  3. Reigner

Reigner Avatar

Oh that is wicked good, Wsye! :-D

4. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

If only someone could cleanse (or ensnare) these wayward souls, they might be able to reclaim a forgetten city lost to the ages.

Reigner likes this.
  5. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Haha, I enjoy roleplaying but due to being forced to play w/ non roleplayers for decades I've got out of the habit, I played WoW for 1.5 months (in my entire life) even though I had 3 months of gametime, chose the #1 roleplay shard in the world, guess what, zero players roleplayed, tried the same thing on a dozen games, the art of roleplaying in online games is dying, perhaps SOTA will be an acception?

Wouldn't mind roleplaying a recluse mage who never left the underworld... will the underworld have a travel map like the surface world?

Time Lord, TemplarAssassin and rild like this.
  6. stile

stile Avatar

Personally nor a fan of dungeons and things like that being connected to my house. Don't like the immersion breaking on that 9and il lbreak immersion when it makes sense!).

But i love the idea of Being attached to the sewer systems. Kinda makes me think of thieves world series, in which the series where often used to get from place to place... Many other book series to, that just happens to be the one that popped to mind first. It makes sense.

Also love the idea of a basement. It adds more housing floor space for decoration desires, without taking up more land mass. I want a mushroom garden!!!

rild likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.