Understanding Stat Basics

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Tahru, Jan 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Ok, this question is for the professional gamers. Obviously, this game is really no close enough to be able to rate and compare character stats and bonuses. But it is fair to ask the question, what is each stat good for and when to prioritize it?

The Basic stats are

1. Strength
    2. Dexterity
    3. Intelligence
    4. Encumbrance (honorable mention)

Stat bonuses include
    1. Attack Speed
    2. Critical Strike
    3. Base Damage Bonus

So how do you choose which stats are important with such a mix of skill possibilities?

2. MalakBrightpalm

MalakBrightpalm Avatar

depends on what you want to do, Tahru. Strength gives you melee damage, and helps with encumbrance I imagine. If you want to be a melee thug, that's your play. Dex gives crit bonuses, dodge, and ranged attack bonuses. If you want an archer, that's the way. Intelligence gives spell damage, if you want to play a mage, that's the way to go.

Attack speed, critical strike, and base damage bonus are good for melee damage and archery, but not so much with spells.

Tahru likes this.
  3. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I am playing a rogue/warrior right now. I have been pushing the dexterity mainly because that is what rogues normally do for crit. However, when I go moon/rogue later it should be interesting if I will need intelligence for the magic side. Maybe not.

I really don't know which is better, grabbing the crit bonus or upping agility.

4. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

Sorry but that cant be true, i testet it with a friend.
    Some passi skills where you get strength from must not work right now. Wy?

We made a duell both str builds. he had 36 str i had 63 str and we both dealt the same ammount of dameg.
    Only the crit where different.

At the moment the Atrributes are bugged or dont work like they should do.

Tahru likes this.
  5. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I did some investigation on how selecting a stat affects the character's stat list. This is what I found.

+1 Agility: +1 Attack Skill
    +1 Strength: +1 Attack Skill, +2 Health
    +1 Intelligence: +1 Attack Skill, +1 Focus
    +1% Crit: none
    +1% Base damage: none

6. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

With testing:

Intelligence increases focus and attack skill with each point, but only increases magic damage every 10 points.

Strength is harder to tell exactly at what intervals it increases melee and bow damage, but it does, and also increases health and carry wieght and attack skill. Each individual weapon is affected differently by strength (as is indicated on the weapon itself)

Dexterity doesnt seem to affect dodge or crit chance at all, and so far only seems like it really affects attack skill. The Developers mentioned a long time ago that Dex was intended to be a defensive attribute, but i have not seen much on it since.
    We've tested how it affects crit chance with melee, and it doesnt.

Attack skill has an effect on how often you hit higher damage numebrs in melee, and also how often you hit or miss.

Moonshadow and Tahru like this.
  7. Morkul

Morkul Avatar

You can miss? While I was fighting last might I was quite frustrated over that I never missed, not even with auto attack.

8. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

yes you can miss, but we did not notice ANY difference between 21 ttack skill and 86 attack skill. but with 100 attack skill, she never missed.

9. MalakBrightpalm

MalakBrightpalm Avatar

Oh, the stats and talents are bugged, that's beyond question. This game is still under construction, and we the fan base are helping to give vital feedback on these forums. Nobody expects you to beat the game yet, there isn't anything to beat!

But the strength talents are SUPPOSED to increase melee damage, etc...

10. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

I know that the game is under construction, and thats wy i report such thinks or men. it in the forum :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.