Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Unfair lot selection

Discussion in 'Release 6 Feedback' started by StarLord, May 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Ha! I thought you were talking about Murphy's Law. (well written)

Olahorand likes this.
  2. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

Housing is a major issue for me. It is one of the biggest reasons for my pledging what I did. I became concerned for the first time this weekend/release, in that both the town and village lots were gone so quickly. I am also concerned that some players may start believing that their selection now is permanent and that they will get to keep what they selected as housing. I know what we have been told about how lot selection will go and that it should be later after testing but if enough people start complaing that someone stole their spot, they may end up with more headaches than they anticipated. My point is they need to make sure by constant reminder aproximately when and how this system will work. My other concern is that there are now presently only one town/village and one village in the game that has the true appearance of a village atmosphere. I do not consider a village to be a group of players housed out in the woods to be a village. The infrastructure of a village, merchants, buildings, and surroundings like Walls, ships in the harbor, etc. make up a village and town. Unless the other so called towns are improved considerably there is going to be one mess come the days housing is truly available, with everone rushing for the same lots. It is not just about owning a house but about your surroundings. Some people will choose to live in the woods, but my guess is it will not be 95% of the player base.

3. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

If you do see this occurring, feel free to direct them to the forums. The veterans in the community will set them straight.

The lot selection process itself will be an involved multi-week endeavor, which Portalarium *will* be announcing beforehand, so it will be very obvious when housing permanence ensues. :)

Berean, Koldar and Olahorand like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.