Unity & the Forums.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BillRoy, Nov 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

The only forums I've ever been on where the community is overall (occasionally a bad seed/troll shows up, but they don't stay) supportive towards one another and you really never see friction amongst the group is on the Diablo 3, HardCore forums.

Those are people unified with a common goal, they (in thier in-game lives) live to die and value courage and respect, there's support and empathy toward the misfortune of others and respect for dignity and fortitude.

I see those adventurers as the brave hearted heroes I'd want to face the dangers of a dark world with.

The only unity I see here is a game engine...

Ted Striker likes this.
  2. GimmeUOPlz

GimmeUOPlz Avatar

You prove your own point, congrats. Guess we should all learn from the carebears over at the D3 to learn how to get along. But, are you sure its not just the forum taking a page from the game design and making them play nice? Nah, Blizzard never controls what is seen on their forums, ever. Never ever. Oh wait I mean always.

People disagree on forums all the time, its kind of the entire point of running a forum and asking for feedback on game design. Some people I guess can't deal with opposing views and just imagine the community as toxic.

3. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

This paragraph doesn't even make sence, and I was talking only about the HD sub-forum. Check it out before offhandedly discarding it.

I agree with you, but what we have here is everyone wanting the same thing, sure maybe different versions of it but with the "choose your playstyle slider thingie" everyone should get the game they personaly want. And if they can't get along until the beta atleast they (some or maybe alot) aren't going to get it. "Divide and conquer", or let the populous devide itself, that always works in favor of governments...even immaginary fantasy video game company ones.

There will be plenty of time for savegry after the beta starts and it won't matter anymore because things will already be set, but at this point if people can't get along, they deserve what they'll get, and what they'll get isn't what they want.;)

4. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

So my question is what does unity mean to you? All united in the same idea or mutual support and sympathy? I think you mean the latter.

You usually need a common enemy or a common task people have to achieve together, neither of which is present here. Extremely rare is the community that can do it without these, heck even families have a hard time at it, so why should a forum be any different?

Say more about the "common goal" on that forum... what is it? Is it a strong enough goal that everyone has to work together?

5. GimmeUOPlz

GimmeUOPlz Avatar

This thread is just about someone who doesn't like that people disagree with them on something. In my time here I've seen pretty much everyone being nice to eachother, even when they disagree. So what is it exactly that you're talking about then? Care to show us some examples of people and their "savagry"?

6. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

I think you are probably right.;)

The common goal is really just to enjoy the game they have in the way they like to play it.
    The Hardcore community is a little bit different in thier outlook than the "Softcore", that might be the difference, maybe they are more willing to make sacrifices since that is at the core of thier play-style.
    And here we don't really have anything other than the forums...so far.

7. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

It brings up a good point in my mind - does this forum continue after the game is released through all 5 episodes?

BillRoy likes this.
  8. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

Simply not true, friend. If you'd read any of my previous posts you'd know that I support opposing views to my own, or atleast the people behind those views and never argue or disagree without parting in a peacable manner, and am always ready to make consessions and compromise.

Just talkin' about things that go on around here, things that you maybe haven't seen if you don't have your eyes open...maybe everything is just fine as far as you concern yourself, if that's the case then it's fine by me.
    I'm not here to prove a point, just to point something out.

*Also, please accept my apology, friend. I didn't mean this thread as a personal attack against you personally, and it was never my intention to hurt your feelings or insult you.

9. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

I think it will, but it'll change, probably even way before the 5th episode. But I don't think it will disapear or wither away, just evolve into something like the more established games.

*I also think they will really benefit from an 'off-topic' thread, I just can't see a reason for not having one, especially after the game gets into beta or goes live. It would be a big mistake to neglect that in my oppinion.

10. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

Quite likely that all the old stuff goes archived, and new categories pop up to replace them.

BillRoy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.