Unlearning crafting skills on an alt

Discussion in 'Feedback Archive' started by Charon, Apr 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charon

Charon Avatar

Last night I tried to unlearn the crafting skills on my alt and noticed something really odd. Some skills I could right click and get an option to forget the skills with 100% efficiency but others I could not.

For example, in the tailoring tree, I was able to forget repair and masterwork but not salvage. If I right click the salvage skill I was given 2 options. Track advancement on HUD or instant unlearn but instant unlearn is greyed out. In the same tree, if I clicked on the settings gear there were options to instant unlearn all the skills in tailoring or all crafting skills in general but again they were greyed out.

Is there something I'm missing? How are we supposed to move crafting xp from an alt and back into our pool before the xp pools are split?

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

you can always right click and forget a skill that is below a certain level (20, i think?) you can also right click and forget any skill (that doesn't have any dependent skills unlocked) if you have an item of unlearning in your inventory, but that may or may not be worthwhile to do depending on how much xp is in it. you if it does have a dependent skill unlocked, you can only unlearn it to the requirement to learn that next skill (generally 40). the cog for unlearning the whole tree, or all adv or prod, or ALL, requires have an item of greater unlearning in your inventory (and it won't actually completely unlearn every skill because of dependent requirements.

3. Charon

Charon Avatar

Ah .. I assumed since Catnip had "changed the rules" so to speak that this wouldn't cost me anything.

Anyone care to explain why I should have to pay to unlearn skills on an alt because a change was made in the game? @Chris? @Elgaron??

I created this alt only because it was widely believed that when crafting mastery skills came in you'd only be able to "master" 1 skill and kept it because, apparently, I'm not too bright.

4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Well, technically, it's always free to unlearn skills. You just don't get 100% of the xp back, and can't do it instantaneously, unless you use an Item of Unlearning. However, due to the upcoming change in XP pools, craft skills are currently set to 100% unlearn. Though, you still have to do it the long way, by setting them to unlearn and then gradually getting the xp back as you play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.