Unseen Crafting Materials

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Umuri, Mar 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

So taking a break from ungodly amounts of crafting and woodchopping, i decided to dig into the files a bit and see if I could find any hints for the missing pine tar and other materials. Unfortunately, I found a few answers, and a lot more questions.

This is only the main file, so they could be hiding other places, any who want to take a look checkout http://pastebin.com/kVXuMJtb

For example(all comments are 80% certainty, i could always be wrong):

1. There are only two items with the main name gem_weapon, ruby and sapphire. so odds are there is no recipe or even item for the other variants yet
    2. What does Aortic Thrombus have to do with textiles? I don't know, but it's in the rawmats section next to animal fat and black cutworm (might be blackcut worm).
    3. What do wolves and bears have in common? Both have a rawmat bearpaw and wolfpaw. C'mon gloves!
    4. Cooking has tea leaves, if someone else has found them, let me know, i want to make tea.
    5. Pine Tar and sooty bark are both under the rawmats section, which makes it likely they're a drop or a crafting/refining byproduct like bark. Meaning they probably aren't in (i'm still holding out there's a recipe for tar) For those thinking it could be a byproduct for charcoal, i couldn't find any references to coal other than chunk coal
    6. What exactly is items/recipes/carpentry/deco_benchborg? Do we get assimilated if we sit down? Honestly it's probably bench -b-original, but I like to hope.
    7. We have cupboards, i'm sure others knew this, i didn't.

Bom, Krohon, FrostII and 6 others like this.
  2. cadenuo

cadenuo Avatar

i was just able to harvest black cutworm from a cotton plant NO idea what its for though foraging level is 16 i had a 20% chance to harvest the plant

Krohon and SmokerKGB like this.
  3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Nice detective work, Umuri... Interesting stuff. ;)

Pine Tar is (and has been) a Pine Tree resource.
    Sooty Bark is (and has been) a Maple Tree resource. :cool:

Krohon and SmokerKGB like this.
  4. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Wait until r22, there's supposed to be many new recipes added, but so far I have found no use for "Black cutworm" or any of the "borers" that also come from trees... Same with "zinc" and "Tungsten", I found no use for them too... But they are all worth 200g and sell for 100g to any vendor...

Pine Tar was removed and replaced with "Pine Resin", many of the WiKi recipes are out dated and need to be removed... I find crafting to be very interesting because all you need to do is learn the Iron equivelant recipe, then just use a different materials for all it's parts (Like "bindings" or "straps" or "plates" or"wires") and each material will add a different property to the item when crafted... If it doesn't light the craft button, there is most likely no recipe yet... Every things still under construction...

Krohon and FrostII like this.
  5. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

In Release 26, has anyone found any pine resin? I have chopped a lot of pine trees and not found a single one. Since this is in the recipe for Rock Maple Timber and Grey Pine Timber I was hoping to fine some to craft these for bow making.
    -----------
    Answer found! I looked closer at my search results on sotawiki for pine resin and found mention of Savrenoc Timberland and found two pine trees in there. I got pine resin two out of three attempts from those two trees. There might be more pine trees in there. I was not able to explore the whole area yet.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
    Krohon likes this.
  6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Find me in game I have some and other resources to make the bow, what properties are you looking at for the bow?

Tholian and Krohon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.