Upgrading from KS

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Duke Death-Knell, Apr 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

OK, first off I know:
    1. KS funds don't get here for another 6-13 days
    2. KS founders will have about 48 hours to upgrade
    3. You will do so through the site store.

What I'm asking is how? As I look at the store now I only see levels and the associated dollar amounts.

So, lets say the KS data arrives and I decide to go from citizen to lord. I already paid my $500 and Lord costs $1500 so I owe $1000. Is there a screen after the initial that lets me input a specific amount? Or will the system do the math and just charge my card the difference?

2. Emso Boydon

Emso Boydon Legend of the Hearth

Could you tell us where you heard/read about the 48 hour upgrade period?

3. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

Last night at the hangout RG said it would be something like that. Time frame may not be right but it will be a limited time offer.

4. smack

smack Avatar

I'm sure they'll code the store in such a way as to only charge you the difference if doing an upgrade.

5. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

I'm sure they will. Just was curious and to be sure they were thinking about it.

6. Ser Erris

Ser Erris Avatar

They point is: They may code anything, but that is unlikely to happen before Sunday (end of initial pledge grace period). So I have no clue how that works. But there is something which might work:

1. You have a $500 pledge on KS and you want to upgrade to an $1500 pledge.

So what you can do is find a pledge worth $1000 and buy it here. They than can join it later on (risk is, they might not do it that way).

If there is no $1000 pledge by a $250 pledge and a $750 pledge.

I must admit, that CIG was more responsive on that matters as there were the same issues (two pledge sites to get synced) and they said: "We fix it, trust us". So a statement like that, for instance that you can distribute your pledge amount to whatever you like (all in one, or split it into 3 $250 pledges), would solve this issue for now and give the ones, that did not pledge here the assurednes not to double pledge where they only wanted an upgrade.

The risk is, that you in the end have two accounts, neither of them at the desired level, that you in total pledged for.

7. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

Well I'm not worried about it. I just thought it might be something that needed to be looked at before something crashed.

8. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

Death they changed this

Wish this site had quote marks but *Meh*

UPDATE 25
    Grace Period & Kickstarter Integration

There were many people that were unable to get their pledges processed correctly when the Kickstarter campaign closed on Sunday morning. We are extending a one-week grace period allowing people to make pledges for the same Kickstarter tiers on our SotA website. This grace period ends at end-of-day on Sunday, April 14.

Kickstarter Backers can Purchase/Upgrade Pledges at Initial Prices for One Year!

We took a cue from our buds over at Star Citizen and decided that those who pledged during our initial campaign (at $25 First Responder tier and above) can purchase further tiers, or upgrade existing ones, at the same price they were available during the Kickstarter campaign, thru April 7, 2014 (pending availability of limited tiers)! WooHoo!

New Tiers, Add-Ons, and the Layaway Plan!

We are currently designing the new tiers for brand new backers, and should have those available by end-of-day Sunday, April 14th, at the conclusion of our current one-week grace period. It is our intention for all Kickstarter backers to be able to purchase/upgrade to both the previous tiers (pending availability of limited tiers), and the new tiers, whereas new backers after April 14th will only have access to the new tiers.

We are just about ready to go live with a new version of our web store that includes add-ons that all backers can add to their pledges. Keep an eye out for that sometime later this week, or early next week.

Also, we received many requests by people that wanted to purchase the more expensive tiers but couldn't afford to pay it all at once. We are working on a plan that will allow monthly payments towards tier purchases. The total cost of a tier paid for monthly may be higher than paying all at once, but we're still working out the details. You'll hear more about this in a future update.

9. Kirthag

Kirthag Avatar

Thanks for that Asguard... I've got mah eye on being chevali?re. ^.^ That may take a few months but with the extension to April, 2014, it will happen!

Chevali?re Kirthag DiOrsae of Evergreen Shores!

I likey dat!

10. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

Yes. Saw that in my email yesterday. Looking forward to it. At least they cleared up the April 14th part, I was a little concerned/confused over it.
    Sounds like they already started getting the info from Amazon, and as Amazon already charged my credit card I expect to see my info on here in less then a week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.