Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Upper Tears....not happy

Discussion in 'Release 54 QA Feedback Forum' started by Belladonna Rose, May 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

I normally dont judge a scene makeover til after its done...but i am totally not happy about this one. Upper Tears was a great scene to hunt and harvest in and I often sent players to this zone to skill up and harvest. Well unless they intend to add more i wont recommend it anymore.
    Entering the scene at the top of a waterfall is cool.....but having to traverse the entire waterfall and river just to get to the center is just odd. I saw a few ore nodes but nothing like what Uppers had before. And i only saw copper. Before there was the occassional silver one. There were cotton bushes and reagent plants..nightshade and garlic...very sparse. And there were no trees to harvest. No wildlife at all. All that was there were barbarians. There was literally no 'marked' exit points...basically just walk off the scene which led me to believe there was only one way in. Usually scenes have multiple entry exit points. The barbarians were not T4 comparable either. So yeah not happy with this scene at all. Hope more content is added before release.

Salix, Chatele and discipleofweb like this.
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Has content been pushed? That still could be work in progress.

3. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Yes it is still work in progress, to be honest I loved the scene at least the current version and where it is going to. Cant wait to see the finished product!

4. Belladonna Rose

I assumed its not complete yet. At least i am hoping that is it. Gorgeous landscape and such for sure as like all the past scenes. And this zone has the potential to hold so much more for sure. So i will wait and see the final scene and make further judgement. I was against Blackblade foothills being redone.....but i absolutely love it now. So we will see

Feeyo likes this.
  5. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

I will check out the new zone to compare to the old one as far as resources available.

Once you explore a zone once, why should I go back again unless there is something there like resources that makes you want to go back.

Chatele likes this.
  6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

The area currently isn’t finished yet, as the finished areas are not pushed yet to the test server. So you may need to wait a bit.

7. Tardis

Tardis Avatar

I found an area with some silver ore. Couple of silver, and iron and a copper node all in a small area

8. Tardis

Tardis Avatar

One thing I didn't like much was that it is difficult to get into some of the partially sunken houses to fight the people.

9. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

I am also disappointed in the lack of resources in this area now.

Not sure why this cannot be both an adventure and resource gathering area just like it was before being changed.

Hopefully they can be added back in - it was a great area for gathering copper and pine wood - which can be hard to find in quantity.

Chatele and Belladonna Rose like this.
  10. Belladonna Rose

Revisited today. Its better than the other day when i came in but still not that great. Found a nice cave where i pronptly got killed due to power outage. LOL. So will have to take another run later.

11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I really like this new area!! I’ll probably be spending all my time here from now on! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.