1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Use of ChatGPT with NPCs

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Womby, Jan 26, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Womby

Womby Avatar

ChatGPT, for those who live in a cabin in the woods, is a particularly impressive Artificial Intelligence tool.

Is it possible to use ChatGPT with NPCs? This person has successfully implemented it:

Another example:

Thoughts?

Cordelayne and Seggallion like this.
  2. Seggallion

Seggallion Avatar

I have been pushing Catnip to integrate more AI components. They are a small team but could leverage AI to generate voice-overs, artwork, etc. I understand there is a learning curve but maybe they can solicit someone from the community to help them integrate AI or AI derived components into the game. It would allow Catnip to do the work of a much larger team for next to nothing, relatively. Imagine SOTA with full voice overs, dynamic scripts for NPCs, maybe even a scene that is randomly generated by AI and provides a unique experience to each visitor. Imagine AI generated objects that are then sold in-game.

3. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

My remark is: I live in a hut in the middle of the Amazon Rainforest.

Cordelayne likes this.
  4. Womby

Womby Avatar

You are right. However, OpenAI (the "parent" of ChatGPT) is being used for that. Here is a more relevant early experiment using OpenAI with Unity.
    I think it is inevitable that Unity will incorporate some kind of official NPC AI support in the future.

Sentinel2 and Barugon like this.
  5. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

I have done some basic tests and OpenchatGPT can be functional as something like a town crier.

6. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

Visitor: Excuse me, town crier. What news do you have to share today?

Town Crier: Greetings, traveler! I have some exciting news to share with you.

Visitor: Please, do tell.

Town Crier: Well, the local town leadership has just announced a community project to expand and improve the city's marketplace. Volunteers are needed to assist with the construction and gathering of resources.

Visitor: That sounds like a great opportunity to get involved and make a difference in the city. What else is happening?

Town Crier: The annual Festival of the Avatar is coming up soon, and preparations are well underway. The festival is a celebration of the Avatar's arrival in Novia, and it will be filled with music, food, and entertainment for all to enjoy. Additionally, the festival committee is hosting a community-wide scavenger hunt, and the winner will receive a valuable prize.

Visitor: I'll definitely be sure to participate in the scavenger hunt. Is there anything else I should know about?

Town Crier: Yes, there have been some recent reports of bandits operating in the nearby Dark Forest. The local town leadership has ordered the local guards to increase patrols in the area, but they are also calling for volunteer adventurers to join them in a community-led effort to eliminate the threat.

Visitor: That sounds like a dangerous mission. I hope the guards and volunteers can successfully eliminate the bandits.

Town Crier: Indeed. The safety and security of the city's residents and travelers is a top priority for the local town leadership. If you need any more information or have any questions, feel free to ask. Have a safe journey, and may the virtues guide you!