Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

User Interface

Discussion in 'Release 56 QA Feedback' started by Paladin Michael, Jul 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Just two points I am missing:

1. Our Title/Name and stats mustn't be shown always on screen.
    It's very important, when someone attacks us. So please consider to auto hide/fade them until someone attacks, please.

2. The SWAP DECK (bottom right) button also could hide with the hot bar (if using auto hide)

3. Email information (top right). It would be fine to auto hide this and let it appear short when entering a town (means: when we can find a mail box to open it :))

4. Bringing UI elements on screen, when they are necessary should have priority.
    It's not difficult to pin all things on screen - but it is more efficient and elegant to bring things on screen IN TIME - not all the time. This is just one thing, SotA could differentiate from other games ...

Witcheypoo likes this.
  2. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

1. Is this something new in QA? Sounds like something that only matters to PvP players. It shouldn't hide non-PvP players, like how the Nearby Players window works. Don't take away things from non-PvP that only matter to PvP.
    2. it would be nice to have that thing disappear when the combat bar is not in use. But if you use the swap key, it should appear during the change, then fade out a few seconds later.
    3. Do you mean the mail icon with the number on it? I like knowing I have mail when I am nowhere near a town. Why would you require someone to go to a town to find out if they have mail?

Paladin Michael likes this.
  3. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

1. this has nothing to do with PvP. I don't want to take things away (from nobody):
    It means the health/focus bar. It is always on screen. And we can't hide it.

As you wrote on your Point 2: that's the way it could work, and how I wrote about:
    Bring UI elements on screen, when they are necessary, not all the time.

3. Also the mail icon. When I enter the game, it should be shown on screen and after a few seconds it could auto hide.
    (And/or provides a sound, like the new whisper sound). So I see, there is mail. And I can decide to go to town or not.
    When entering a town it could be shown again to remember, we have mail.

The suggestions I made are about having an intelligent UI, which shows elements on screen
    1. when we need them (attacked from enemies ... combat bar, title/name/health stats ... swap deck icon)
    2. in case we want them to be shown every time (options: auto fade, like we can do it currently with a few things)

With one of the first game information given online, Richard showed how "unseeable" the UI is, until we need it.
    That was, so he said, a main focus on gameplay :)

Why should the dialogue window always be shown? --> appears, when we talk to a NPC.
    Why the chat window? --> appears, when someone writes/whispers to us.
    Why should the combat bar always be shownd? --> appears, when we are attacked or using our weapon with "z"
    And, why should the name/title/health/focus stats and the mail icon and swap deck icon shown always on screen?

No suggestion was made for or against a personal play style.

A lot of people complained about the "ugly" UI.
    I think, an UI which is on screen, when we need it, is a better one.
    And that was a goal, told by @Lord British.

It's simple to have a lot of icons on screen. But it is efficient to have on screen, what we need now - and this in time ;)
    Just my point of view. Nothing I suggested was to take something away.

Thinking about my first steps in SotA and listening to a lot of people who are thinking the game is complicate has a good reason:
    a lot of features we can use, but no automatic way to support a (new) player ...

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    Witcheypoo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.