Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Users can use clickable ladders to enter locked houses from the outside

Discussion in 'World Building, Scenes, Environment, & Overworld' started by OzzyOsbourne, Aug 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

08/26/2019 06:08
    Title: Users can use clickable ladders to enter locked houses from the outside
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? no, but
    1. If I enter someone's house and kill them, they will have no means to resurrect and be forced to take gear damage since they cannot open doors
    and
    2. for people living in bloodbay, they can have someone come into a locked house and pickpocket them into ruin, so I would say this is a very critical issue for anyone living in bloodbay.
    Details: Only tested on 4 story greenhouse. User can jump onto roof and click the ladder through the greenhouse glass to enter a LOCKED house
    Steps to Reproduce:
    1. find a 4story locked greenhouse and get on roof (jump potion or terrain)
    2. click top part of ladder inside greenhouse
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1900X 8-Core Processor (16) System RAM: 32640
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 GPU RAM: 8031
    SotA.Win.64.1029.Date.08.15.19
    Area: Novia_R3_Island01_01
    Area Display Name: Blood Bay
    Loc: (567.7, 18.5, 364.8)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjNfSXNsYW5kMDFfMDF8fCg1NjcuNzQ1LCAxOC40ODUsIDM2NC43ODYpfCgwLCAtMC45NzksIDAsIC0wLjIwNil8MTU2LjI4ODd8MzMuMDc3NjV8MTcuMjc5OTk=

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

might be another bug there: jump potions are only supposed to work in non-pvp pots. have you actually used one in blood bay or are you just guessing at ways to get up there?

3. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

The person's house had a mountain behind it in blood bay, i was able to get in without jump pot. But jump pot can still be used to do this in pvp PoTs. The issue is more about the glass roof of greenhouse is click-through.

Most houses that I've tested usually cannot click through windows or glass...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.