Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Using Dash Skill gives skill increases to Distract

Discussion in 'Release 27 Dev+' started by Daxxe Diggler, Feb 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

2/19/2016 2:50 PM
    Title: Using the Dash Skill gives skill increases to Distract
    Reproduction Rate: Often (took me from level 3 to level 8 in the first few minutes of running around)
    Blocker? No
    Details: Using the Dash skill (Air Magic) is giving me skill ups and level increases in the Distract skill (Subterfuge).
    Steps to Reproduce: Have Dash skill on non-combat bar, run around and activate when available, get increases for Distract skill (two different trees).
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz (4) System RAM: 7981
    GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics GPU RAM: 944
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.325.Date.02.19.16
    Area: Kingsport
    Loc: (135.6, 24.5, 103.1)

Pretty self explanatory. Obviously something is not right here as these skills are both in different trees, not only that, but one is a Magic tree and the other is a Strategy school.

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This is operating as designed. Much as taking physical damage will level passives in the Earth tree, using most any active skill will put points into the passives for Focus, Tactics, and Subterfuge. Thanks for reporting.

3. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Distract is not a passive skill though. It's an activated (ground target) skill in subterfuge tree. Seems strange that an air magic tree spell (that increases your run speed) would have any relation at all to Distract. Just saying, this should be investigated.

4. Attenwood

What level is your distract skill?

If it is below level 10, that's why you're seeing points go into it. Distract is a prerequisite skill that needs to be at the base level 10 before points will appropriately filter into the intended passives. Players wouldn't be able to get the passives in the first place without Distract being level 10 first. I assume it was reduced due to decay over time, which is why the experience points are forcing it back up to the level required of it for the experience to flow freely to the intended passives.

Once it hits 10: Bam. No more experience goes into it the way you're seeing.

This is by design. Nothing to investigate. :)

5. Beli

Beli Avatar

No Attenwood. those skills were not prerequisite for R26. which they should have been but are now. So people are confused right now

6. Attenwood

Ah, that was a bug of R26 that new skills and abilities didn't have the appropriate prerequisite level. As a rule, and has been by design for awhile, all skills should have the prerequisite level. When they are still being developed and not yet implemented they traditionally didn't have their prerequisite level set so that players could get past the unworking skills to the working ones.

The bug was that skills that had been implemented didn't have their requisite levels adjusted yet, which has been fixed for R27. Sorry for the confusion.

7. niteowl57

niteowl57 Avatar

It confused me as well. It might be good to mention in the R27 release notes. I knew I had Distract turned off and it leveled anyway. So we're saying, even if it's turned off and the player leaves it turned off, but it is below level 10, then in R27 it will level to 10 and then stop leveling?
    [​IMG]

8. Attenwood

That is correct. It should be known that all skills need to have prerequisites at level 10 to start plugging experience into them. If prerequisites decayed to less than 10, they still need to reach that base level for other skills you have actively turned on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.