1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Utilizing the PvP queuing tech - Grudge and Greed scrolls

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Ancev, Jul 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

This concept is for both PvE and PvP players and would utilize the pvp queuing tech. For better or worse I've always been a gamer who has been incentivized by loot and treasure. Even in Texas hold'em poker - I play because there is incentive for profit, and long tournaments means much larger profits.

In the past I've proposed a 'grudge and greed' scroll type of system (call it what you will) where players could buy or craft a Grudge scroll (PvP) or Greed scroll (PvE), when you use the scroll it enters you to into a queue, and it would remove lets say 500g from your inventory. If you don't have enough gold, it wont let you use the scroll.

After the scroll has been activated and players are entered into the queue with say 10 players, the server creates a private instance of a cloned scene in the game for that amount of players and then scatters the combined gold removed from the grudge and greed scrolls (eg: your entry fee) into chests that are hidden throughout the zone. The gold would be randomized so sometimes there might be a lot of gold in one chest, and sometimes very little in another.

The goal would be for players to grab as many chests as they can.
    I'm thinking for this to be true, players would need to be rewarded 2 ways - from the chests themselves, but also based on the amount of chests that you acquire. And there's also mob loot.

The chests would be guarded by mobs, but not all of them because that becomes predictable and monotonous. The scrolls would be crafted by alchemists and there could be different recipes for different scroll values. 500, 2500, 5000, etc.

The scene would be time limited meaning not all chests might be looted before the timer expires (?)

Players would be randomly seeded throughout the scene (random placement) and preferably in a fog of war/splash screen while a timer starts the instance. Preferably all clients will be loaded into the scene before the timer counts down, and the fog of war is lifted.

If there aren't enough players to start the instance, then the gold could be refunded or go to a credit system so they can queue again at another time (?) and an option to auto-queue.

To give thieves and other degenerates a chance I'd probably put the ransoms into the Grudge scenes and allow all ransoms to be lootable by any player. Also allow mobs to generate their own ransoms if they kill players, and the mobs could collect them similar to how mobs would loot corpses in UO. When the mob is killed with ransoms on it, the ransoms would pop out of their body in the same fashion that damage numbers fall off mobs in an arc. Not sure of the term for it.

This concept needs to be hammered out and figure out ways that it could be exploited.

Questions:

How to prevent bots from running around and grabbing the chests? In the Grudge scenes you'd be able to kill them but in the Greed scenes I'm not sure what you could do. I'm always in favor of permanently banning players that do this kinda stuff.

In the Grudge scenes I was wondering what should happen with players that enter the scene with exactly 500 gold (whatever the default value of the scroll is) and who also have no gear, and nothing in their inventory. How does the ransom system treat these players currently? Because a high level player could still do this with 160 in blink, dash, sprint, etc.

If the scenes are time limited .. are players allowed to recall or exit the scene? Or is their avatar locked into the scene for the duration? Lets say the entry fee is 500g and the first chest a player finds is 2500g and they recall. Is that their reward for finding the chest with the most amount of gold right off the bat? That's why I was thinking there should be a secondary tier of rewards for the amount of chests that you find.

This sounds like fun to me.. what do you think?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    ShurTugal and craftymethod like this.
  2. ShurTugal

ShurTugal Avatar

Great idea, :) I like it and it sounds like a lot of fun. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.