Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Vanity clothing /Store and PVP solution /User creations

Discussion in 'Release 16 Feedback' started by Shibokain, Apr 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shibokain

Shibokain Avatar

First of all in every Buy to Play and free to play game vanity clothing is a big way to get cash easy without compromising the game .

So vanity slots for clothing it would also give the hats of the tour more love .
    Also the new hats for sale in the store would it not be great to wear them all the time ?
    Would it not be great to wear that Elven armour or that special Elven bow ?

Well with vanity slots its easy , no stats .
    But what with PVP ... well entering a PVP area or using your PVP flag will disable it .
    The clothing or the weapon skins will still be there but will become "invisible"

When people could be famous by making vanity cloths for the store it would help the game with help of the community .
    Maybe a little store credit for successful designers ? Top 3 best sellers get ...?

Feel very free to disagree but please chip in with likes or dislike
    If you like it please fill in the gaps add ideas .

Special could be zombie outfits for Richard ;)
    Compromise for zombie town ...

2. Athanil

Athanil Avatar

Why would you need vanity slots? Just switch deck. Set you main and alternate and press x t oswitch between them. A lot of people have party clothing already.

3. Rasmenar

Rasmenar Avatar

Last hangout, they mentioned that they don't currently want to support toggling helmet visibility because they want people to be able to make a tactical decision about a possible enemy at a glance - if you have a rare/iconic/strong helmet, for example, toggling it's display as "Off" while wearing mostly normal other armor would let you withhold tactical information from an enemy.

That being said, they admitted the possiblity of a "Helmet Display" toggle simply turning your helmet display off on your client - others would see your helmet, you would not. That's been discussed. However, I don't think they're going to design vanity slots, for the reason I stated above.

Your solution for having the display of vanity items toggle off in PVP seems reasonable, but it's slightly immersion-breaking and while it is something I'd personally like to see, I don't foresee the dev's liking the idea as much as I do. +1 for the idea, though.

4. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

I think you're right on target with allowing the community to try and design clothing for use in the game. Once the development of our characters and clothing is a little more concrete, they should have a nice set of parameters to follow.. hopefully keeping the potential vetting process simple and straight forward. But that's the key, developer time spent needs to be minimal in the whole process for this to prove worthwhile.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.