Vendor House

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Night Owl, May 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Night Owl

Night Owl Avatar

I haven't been successful at finding much on this, so I figured I would throw this out there.

I enjoyed the concept of UO Vendor houses; where guilds or individuals would create a sort of market or shopping mall with their home, tower, or castle. Then advertise by placing runes scattered around town where you could pick the rune up and recall to the location.

I know that with our pledges and through in-game currency you will be able to have vendors in your home. I have seen some hints at allowing some form of marketing on bulletin boards in town or your wares appearing on vendors in-town. However, what I'm not sure of are whether a house or plot can contain multiple vendors owned by multiple players or friends of that property?

As I think about this, there are many possibilities as well with this concept such as:
    - House/plot owner could charge a rent/fee and/or percent of profit from all vendors on the plot
    - House/plot tax payment could be increased based on number of vendors
    - House owner could advertise in-town as part of running the shop via bulletin boards or other marketing techniques to draw-in more vendors. This would increase popularity with the shop/vendor house, therefore warrant the rental fee

If this topic has already come up, any links to threads would be appreciated. :)

Night Owl

Eriador likes this.
  2. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Dont forget that here will exist also public markets for vendors, to use specially if you dont own a house.

NRaas likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.