vendors whith different prices

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by wmidgard, Jun 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wmidgard

wmidgard Avatar

i woud like to see that if i place a vendor i can set different prices :
    random person looks at my vendor = sword is for sale for 60 gp
    person on my friends list or in my guild looks at my vendor = sword is for sale for 40 gp.

if at all possibel i woud olso like to see if i can place another price then gold for an item.
    for instance the sword i was selling can olso be bought for like 10 steel igots if you are on my friends/guildies list .

ps: just an example not sure on howmanie igots or gold a sword woud requiere but i woud like it if i can help my friends/guildies out by selling them items just for production or resource cost.
    and still ask a desent price from random persons who purchase stuff from my vendor .

2. Maka

Maka Avatar

I don't think we'll see anything this advanced in Episode 1. We could work around it with two vendors. One open to everyone and another that only our guild could use. I really love the idea of telling my vendor.. if a stranger comes get 20g for that but if @Nirantae stops by let it go for 2g. :)

Time Lord, Jivalax Azon and NirAntae like this.
  3. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

Selling towns through RMT kind of messes this up, but without that... it make sense for taxes to be in effect my the lord of the town, possibly rolled up into some other hierarchy. So a guild owns a town, some larger faction owns some region. And possibly you'd have different tax rates. So if someone from my guild bought from my vendor, the 10% tax is waved.

But again, I don't know what they'll do now that towns are RMT based rather than game mechanics based.

4. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

There will be paths to acquire player run towns through game mechanics. This doesn't seem like a big hangup to me. Just let the city owner set the tax rate. ?

'Course then we'd have to have player vendor buy functionality to make it work best, which the devs have stated they really want to implement but might not be able to do for Ep. 1. Vendor buy functionality would be absolutely amazing.

5. Jivalax Azon

Jivalax Azon Avatar

I support this idea, and as someone else once mentioned, I'd like the ability to not sell to someone at all. Anyone who is on my ban list should be unable to buy from my vendor. Of course we don't know if this will make episode 1, but I would love to see it. I would like to include multiple cost levels. Stranger, friend, guildie, guild ally, enemy (which could be 1000% of normal, but hey I'll sell to almost anyone ... for a price.) ;)

Annavas, Time Lord, Scolari79 and 3 others like this.
  6. wmidgard

wmidgard Avatar

yeah that was me olso .
    and no i dont want to sell my stuff to anyone i got on ignore list . ( for any price )
    just make it so that if i have someone on ignore i dont see him or his vendor in a non pvp zone ( and the same for him of cource ).
    otherwise i will have to start keeping a list so i dont accidently purchase something from a peep i have on ignore.

if you piss me off sufficiently to be put on ignore you are dead to me .
    you will never see any of my gold or items.

7. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

Can't like it more than once, but I *really* like this! ;)

Time Lord and Jivalax Azon like this.
  8. Johnny Black

Johnny Black Avatar

Though, would it not be poetic justice to have someone you despise purchase product from your vendor? I feel that the economic system in this game is going to be its own form of PvP.

9. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

Absolutely, but at a premium! I'd not want him/her to buy at the same price my friend or even 'normal' strangers do!

I'd even be happy if I could set a percentage discount/premium for friends vs strangers vs enemies...

Time Lord and Jivalax Azon like this.
  10. wmidgard

wmidgard Avatar

yes and make it obvius wen he purchase the item :
    example :
    friend sees this :
    sword = 100 gp
    friend/guild discount = 20%
    total value = 80 gp
    do you wish to purchase yes/no

random person sees this :
    sword = 100 gp

PKer or other person who anoyed me sufficinetly to earn a spot on my ignore list
    sword= 100 gp
    douchebagg tax = 200%
    total value = 300 gp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.