Venison Jerky Bug and Ferocious Wyvern

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lucky1221, Jun 27, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucky1221

Lucky1221 Avatar

Hello all,

I wanted to express my opinion on the rationale given by Alley in my bug submission report about removal of pets' food buffs after a zone change.

Since the bug submission section does not allow for commentary I wish to post my reply here:

I think it is absolutely absurd in the reasoning behind wiping off the food buff from the animal after changing scenes. Everyone with common sense would know that the animal we currently have summoned is the same animal. I think most sensible players would agree that to maintain a multi hour food buff on a pet where ever travel may take place would be user friendly and logical.

Furthermore, the reasoning behind the pet being a different animal after changing scenes (as provided by Alley Oop)--would also imply that our avatar would no longer be the same one after every zone change. Obviously this goes against common sense for it isn't true. We are still playing the same character while having the same summoned pet regardless of zone changes. Therefore, both the avatar's food buffs and the pet's food buffs should remain after zone changes.

I think this is an important discussion because current design on the pet food buff issue is non-sensical and detracts from the game's enjoyment.

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

perhaps i wasn't clear: this is a technical limitation, not a story choice.

Sean Silverfoot and Anpu like this.
  3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

The reason this happens, is your pet is an object, and upon zoning the pet is destroyed. Along with the food buffs on them. That’s just how it works currently.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.