Very concerned! Dev pls read

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by brand0o, Sep 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brand0o

brand0o Avatar

I was so excited for this game like alot of other people and still am but when i saw a video of the gameplay and saw how its all instances it greatly concerns me and disappointed me. Frankly im shocked that sir richard would do that because he seems like an explorer/adventurer type and having no real landscape between towns i dont think is a big mistake but a hugeeee mistake....i get why your doing it, makes it easier/cheaper since your a small company but doing that takes away what i believe uo was and every mmorpg is. Just walking around the woods and exploring between and towns and not knowing what ur going to see or find or whom or what ud run into is the best part about mmorpg...i remember how exciting it was in uo when i had to walk through the woods to get from town A to town B how my heart was in my chest because i didnt know if it would run into a red or not...and when i did my heart would start to rush and it became an experience and stuff i remember to this day...its what really lacked in WoW for me. The system you use by just bypassing all that to me is a mega huge mistake and shocked richard would agree to that. I know you wana get the game out fast and i know its expensive and takes time but doing it the way it is could loose you much more money in the end then if you do it the right way now. One of the many best parts about UO over WoW and other mmorpg was no instances! And silly me i thought u would do the same where you could walk into a dungeon and many many people could be in it..i dunno if the dungeons without instances is feasible today but getting rid of all that land and traveling and adventure will be a huge mistake. It also just looks cheap with the wall in the woods....As a backer i know id rather wait longer and do it right then play it the way it is or at least know in the future you plan to fill the world out entirely. I hate it if this comes off as being picky or demanding im not on either im just telling you it will be a huge mistake business wise in the long run, if you dont fill out the land.

Kutas and blaquerogue like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.