Vikland Instruction drops from elves

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Anpu, Jan 1, 2023.

1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Can you actually look at this drop rate (these are unfortunately not put into the api, so I can't even check if they are even dropping at all). The drop rate for the instructions seems to be incredibly low. And based on the actual reward from them, they really should not be this incredibly difficult to even find.

Cordelayne and that_shawn_guy like this.
  2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

I will absolutely look into the drop rate. Thanks for the suggestion! Issue #71036

Belladonna Rose and Anpu like this.
  3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Thank you. I DO get these should not be dropping like rain obviously, but this feels just terribly low. Or that's intended. I don't know, I can't actually see how much they are dropping.

Cordelayne likes this.
  4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

fix needs testing as of 1624

5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I am considering this fixed, in that I now today am able to actually do 2 treasure hunts (the ones that come from drops from elves) as a key finally dropped that matched the instruction I currently had. And then an instruction dropped, of which I had a matching key already. Thank you!

02/16/2023 09:33
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8072
    SotA.Win.64.1631.Date.02.10.23
    Area: Mistrendur_R2_Vikland
    Area Display Name: Vikland
    Loc: (-249.3, 134.0, -181.9)
    Debug: TWlzdHJlbmR1cl9SMl9WaWtsYW5kfHwoLTI0OS4zMDYsIDEzMy45NzQsIC0xODEuOTIyKXwoMCwgMC4yMDcsIDAsIC0wLjk3OCl8MTM5LjQ3NTh8MTIuNzA1Nzd8MTQuNTc3NjQ=

Last edited: Feb 16, 2023
    Belladonna Rose, Sannio and Alley Oop like this.
  6. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Its still a bit wonky. Last week i got several keys and instructions. Today i went in and dug up the daemon chest. Went to the passageway and clicked the stone on the wall and got the instructions and key from it. Currently i have all 7 keys and 4 out of 7 instructions. I spent the entire day playing in there chasing and killing the elves. I ended up getting a key i didnt have which rounded me out to 7. But could not get the last 3 instructions. Troll, faun and elf instructions. Not sure how random it is that they drop. I am trying to get them all so i can spend one day on stream digging them all up. So not sure how it works for the drops

Margaritte and Anpu like this.
  7. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

As of Saturday April 22 I have collected and dug up all 7 chests. So they are dropping just takes some time. Mainly they are dropping from the Elite Elves...mage, sharpshooter and fighters. So just takes a bit of time to find them and kill them over and over to get the drops.