Virtue Test - Do I taketh the blade... or the duckie?

Discussion in 'Fire Lotus Tavern' started by Violation Clauth, Jan 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Greetings! Welcome to the virtue test 2016.

This is simple, you must present a virtue challenge to someone (textual or visual) and answer the previous one. I will start with a challenge issued to @Barnabas Root in the other thread...

[​IMG]

@Barnabas Root you must choose... Do I taketh the blade... or the duckie?
    Blade, courage, you will protect the baby from all harm
    Duckie, compassion, you will comfort the baby with songs of Rubber Ducky you're the one!
    (source: 40ish seconds in )

@Barnabas Root please select either the blade or the duck and then issue a challenge to anyone or a specific person by tagging them :)

2. Kitty2

Kitty2 Avatar

I select... THE DUCKIE!!! Mine compassion shines true!

Next in the challenge, since I see he hath "liked" it, shall be my musical friend, @Luca Xante !!!

3. Kitty2

Kitty2 Avatar

Okay, @Luca Xante here is thine Virtue Challenge:

Thou art faced with this conundrum (see video):

This buffoon will NOT stop singing. Dost thou:

A) Show him COMPASSION and allow him to continue to sing his annoying song, at the expense of thine sanity? or...
    B) Draw thine sword in JUSTICE and remove his vile loud head?

Make thine choice, then present a new Virtue Challenge to another Avatar!

4. Kitty2

Kitty2 Avatar

5. Golem Dragon

Golem Dragon Avatar

6. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

Oh, thank you Barnabas Root :p.
    Actually...very tough challenge.
    I need to follow my heart and I will choose Blade and courage,
    I always protect my babies ;) from all harm.
    When safe, I of course comfort them :)

Next in the challenge, since I too select someone who "liked" this post, person I would like to get to know @Moiseyev Trueden !!!

7. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Hmmm. I think it is only appropriate to merge the two challenges above and choose sword for both. I would decapitate the horrid singing brute and then feed his corpse to the child so that it grows up strong and is eventually able to defend itself, at which point I'd return the sword and stop my protective vigil.

And to follow the theme of those who have liked an image above, I challenge @ThurisazSheol

So you see this guy walking down the street.

[​IMG]
    Do you:
    a) Tell him the TRUTH about how stupid he looks, risking sending him into either a massive suicidal depression or psychotic fit of rage?
    b) Show him COMPASSION and give him money to buy food in hopes that you won't have to see his rib cage anymore and he'll put on enough weight to stop doing this?

(no courage option as I already returned the sword to the child to protect himself and it would just be mean to steal it from him again)

8. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

I would do neither for that stretchy gentleman,
    telling him the truth is not truth, it is an observation from my perspective only, which is fallible and therefore not TRUTH
    Nor would i give him money, as that is not compassion, it is a desire to not be offended, the opposite of Compassion.

HOWEVER: as a follower of Chaos, I'd show Humility, Sacrifice, Compassion, Spirituality and Honesty by simply purchasing a meal to fill his belly, with lots of fats carbs and proteins... (spirituality, by way of trying to not let them turn themselves into a Lich, unwittingly).

For the next Virtue Test, I'd like to Challange @Amber Raine

Amber -
    You are at a stoplight on your way home and it is below freezing. You see a homeless family sitting there, Mother, Father, 8 year old child, and dog - All are shivering with tattered clothing and a forlorn look on their faces. What do you do?

A. show Compassion by Directing them to the nearest shelter in town, so they can obtain a hot meal, place to sleep out of the elements, and socks?
    B. show Sacrifice, handing them the keys to your car and home.
    C. Show Justice, Compassion and Honor, Shooting the parents in the head on the spot, putting the child in the system to be taken care of and kept alive, keeping the dog because you've always wanted a puppy.

9. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

You sir have been put into a situation where option C wasn't available and as such you have lost an eighth for not selecting a virtue to follow.

For your dedication to Chaos and not doing as you're told you've gained the Chaotic Badge of Chaos that appears to you as you think it would be and got what you think it would have because I too believe that free will is supreme!!!...

We continue to @Amber Raine who you challenged next ^.^

10. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

As much as this truly should not be a hard choice, as worded and the options that are placed to choose from. It has gotten a little difficult.

I look upon the 4 with a twinge of sadness touching me, as my stomach grumbles I feel the hunger grow. Parking the car to the side of the road in a way that you can not see the family as you look out the windows, I leave the car and approach the four. After offering and having the mother take the child and dog to the car where they can be warm, I return my attention to the father. Who is directed toward the nearest shelter and given a fair head start before becoming my lunch. Returning to the car, I take the rest of the family to my church to help nourish them back to health and giving them a life of opportunities.

Would that be C? ~grins~

Next - I choose @Golem Dragon

You are travelling across the lands and come upon a woman screaming this:

[​IMG]

Knowing she has lost everything do you:

a) Show Compassion and create a charity to help her recover what was lost because of the evil spider that was going to eat her?
    b) Show Justice and stand back and laugh while pulling out a stick and roasting marshmallows in the flames of the giant bonfire?
    or C) Show humility and Sacrifice - Admitting you are also terrified of spiders and would probably do the same thing. Giving her your last pink outfit and open your home to her giving her your favorite spare pink room.

11. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

You ma'am have been put into a situation where option D wasn't available and as such you have lost an eighth for not selecting a virtue to follow.

For your dedication to Chaos and not doing as you're told you've gained the Chaotic Badge of Continued Chaos that appears to you as you think it would be and got what you thought it contained because I too believe that free will is superior!!!... but don't forget that correctly prepared bacon is the pinkest of all :D

We continue to @Golem Dragon who you challenged next ^.^

12. Kitty2

Kitty2 Avatar

13. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Looks like Barnabas needs a duckie.

14. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

i'll get one for 'em, where's that sword!?

15. Golem Dragon

Golem Dragon Avatar

obviously @Amber Raine I would go with B - Show Justice and stand back and laugh while pulling out a stick and roasting marshmallows in the flames of the giant bonfire...

I move on to challenging @EMPstrike

You are sworn to obey your lord's commands at all costs. Your Lord's kingdom is fighting a losing battle against all odds. While defending your lord you doth see a fellow warrior desert his post to protect a family fleeing out of fear for their lives. Your lord does not see the family but points out that the warrior has left his post. Your Lord Commands you to strike your fellow warrior down for cowardice as it is punishable by death in the kingdom. do you:

1) Strike down your comrade in arms and show Honor by obeying your liege.
    2) Show Compassion and explain to your lord what you saw hoping to save the life of your valiant comrade.
    3) Show Justice and take your comrade into custody for a fair trial so that he may explain his actions with the support of the family he saved.

16. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

17. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Deep and very very profound.
    8^p

18. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Might offer that challenge to someone else. Multiple choice is too restrictive and i only know like 3 people on the forum and they already did one.

19. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

i don't know any of you people, you are all just 1's and 0's to me..

besides, read mine and ambers, we deviated from the options and it was juuust fine. :) well we lost an 8th...of something.

20. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I would probably decide, due to the boss's callouse nature, to demonstrait compassion and courage, but also deciet by telling the soldier what i was doing and to flee with the family. Persue them and intentionally lose them by fiegning incompotence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.