Voice Training

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by FBohler, Dec 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Can anyone confirm whether the instrument out / voice training system is fully functional?

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I'll bet that this never gets implemented.

Time Lord and FBohler like this.
  3. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

I have some ideas for a possible implementation of the system.

If I were Portanipalarium I would be very wary of hitting the nerf hammer one more time. I've witnessed a lot of players quitting or dramatically reducing their in-game time due to their build being heavily nerfed (I know people who lost about half their power overnight).

4. devilronin

devilronin Avatar

what skills got nerfed to quit levels?

5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Well, in theory, the current power level of bard stuff is the "without instruments" level, as the current level came about after a big nerf. The "with instruments" level would be more powerful, closer to what it was pre-nerf.

Though, in reality, that was all long enough ago that I'm sure it's a blank slate at this point, and when (if) it ever gets implemented it will be whatever strikes Chris' fancy at the time.

Anpu, FBohler and Time Lord like this.
  6. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Savage Sonata (which was in fact OP) was one of them.
    The problem is: as long as you don't introduce crazy unbalanced stuff in the game, you seldom need to nerf anything.

But most rage quits I've witnessed were gear related. Even though we were able to get to comparable power after adjusting gear and even the whole build, it did feel like a workaround chore rather than a rewarding experience. I went through it just fine, even though I didn't fully recover from the nerfs to this date. And I doubt I'm ever going to.

I suggested them to create more powerful and interesting content and/or reduce rewards from current content that was too easy instead of nerfing players all around. This kind of balance would feel less like a loss to players.
    But seemingly they wanted the balance to help PvP, as the OP stuff was generating big hits that would end fights in one hit which isn't fun. Sad fact is that the PvP community is only around 1% of the population, and the ones who left were a majority of PvE people.

Long story short: they had options to make it less painful, but chose to "lose this kind of players" in Chris' words.

7. devilronin

devilronin Avatar

was savage's cast time shorter in the early weeks? 10~ sec for me, and im better off using most of the other songs.

8. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

It was 2 seconds.

9. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

It was way quicker to cast and like double the power. It lasted shorter too though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.